To get a puppy or not??? Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha! Sounds like cooler heads prevailed. When you mentioned going to visit it, I was thinking "You might as well sign a contract!" because once you visit a pup, it's a one way street (for a lot of people anyway, lol).

In the end it is your call. You know your schedule and whether you could fit the time in. Like you said, it would't be too much additional burden since you've already got one dog, but it is twice the poo, twice the training, etc..

Last edited:
Yeah it is twice the work...my husband made it clear that ALL dogs we get from now until forever will be MY dogs and that I am 100% responsible for all the poo training etc....(he is not a real fan of dogs especially when he has the responsibility of them) and I decided that I have a lot of other projects that I really should focus on this year. I think puppies are wonderful when you have the time to devote but realistically with 3 kids, running a business, taking care of the home...etc and with the addition we are building on the house this summer (building it ourselves) that it is probably wise to wait.

You are totally right about visiting....I have not seen the pups so that is why logic prevailed....lol.

Yeah it is twice the work...my husband made it clear that ALL dogs we get from now until forever will be MY dogs and that I am 100% responsible for all the poo training etc....(he is not a real fan of dogs especially when he has the responsibility of them)
I told my wife the same thing as she was begging to get a dog and she committed to cleanup and trainining etc.. in Reality I pick up all poop she refuses and instead of backing me up for training she lets the dog do and act however it wants. If only I could figure out how to train her LOL

"NO! Bad boy! Put the toilet seat DOWN!"

"NO! Bad girl! Get off of Sears' online catalogue!"

Umm the toilet seat BELONGS up :)

And I could live with my girl buying stuff from sears....it's Nordstroms that kills me.:uzi::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom