To the Bandit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skylane

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is your opinion on these fish my man.[emoji622]

The pics of the fish in question??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The pics of the fish in question??

Got ya, I was in the lfs and always noticed the flower horns the owner has for sale , but it just caught my interest and was looking for an opinion of owning these fish one day, just wanted to know if you guys on here have any experience to share .[emoji1]

Mehh, hybrids... big ugly hybrids. I wouldn't go for anything like that.

I took a gamble on an unidentified/mislabeled 1-1.5" fry months ago. Ended up being a Flowerhorn. I personally have nothing against hybrids, and enjoy some FH's, but I would never recommend one in a tank with other fish. Once the fry I bought reached 3" or so he became aggressive. I traded him to a buddy who put him in a divided 29g, FH on one side, and a green terror grow out on the other side. He came home Tuesday and somehow the Flowerhorn had gotten to the GT and killed it. They can be cool fish, but are very aggressive. Best left solo as a wet pet IMO.

Jesse

Mehh, hybrids... big ugly hybrids. I wouldn't go for anything like that.

Yea they are ugly, but I noticed they have their own ugly way about them , but people are buying them and they're not cheap!
I haven't seen one on this site or any other site, but the guy at the lfs said if you get a mated pair, which is hard to do. He told me that the female kills the male if she does not like him and she is very vicious at that. A customer of his tried 4 males and his female killed them all, one at a time , but the fish store guy said his breeding techniques were wrong. That's as much as I know about these fish, but they have some amazing colors though.

You have any other suggestions to look at in the fish world, eventually I will keep other specie's but for now just curious what we can keep, or afford !!![emoji622]

Clem.

Glad others chime in on the flowerhorns as I have never kept them.
They can be so very colorful.
For additional stock to your 90 Clem give 'roseline sharks' Denison barbs a look.
A 90 is min IMO but they would be a great community fish to go with your stock.
I have 12 in my 180.
Pics in my photo album..

Glad others chime in on the flowerhorns as I have never kept them.
They can be so very colorful.
For additional stock to your 90 Clem give 'roseline sharks' Denison barbs a look.
A 90 is min IMO but they would be a great community fish to go with your stock.
I have 12 in my 180.
Pics in my photo album..
Thanks C. B.
I will look into these for sure ![emoji1]
By the way , I was at the lfs today, after picked up my son for the weekend, and I took him to the Aquarium store. He always puts up a fuss, so off went just to check out their stocks in the store. Well he showed me some clown loaches that he picked out and we bought them as well as some rummy nose tetras , which I always wanted . I just put them in and the tank is just alive with colors and the plants are starting to look good too. Now I can sit back and watch the show !!!
Remember my first tank, well I also bought a betta for it , and its home now for that guy too. Hey Lance, I guess this is how things grow on you in this hobby, of fish keepers.[emoji39] I'll get some new pics of both tanks for everyone to see, things are just settling in now , and going smooth , and last but not least... The Rams are starting to look good dude, they are cool man, I'm glad I got them.

Clem.

Back
Top Bottom