Todays story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Went to my lfs today to grab a few small fish. Sunday is quite a busy day for them and had to wait my turn. Anyway whilst I was being served, there was a group of 3 men browsing the tanks....closely followed by a strong body odour....it was repulsive! They managed to have a whole section to browse themselves... For some unknown reason :p

Couldn't help thinking that if they took so little care of their own personal hygiene, imagine what their tanks are like!!

Oh those poor angels that they were contemplating buying....

Wow. I have a story too. I was volunteering for the first time at my LFS. A young man (13-14) was walking around and stopped to look at some oscars. I said "they're pretty cool aren't they". He replied "yeah I think I'm gonna get one more." I asked "how big is your tank?". He said it's 55 gallons. I told him he could do one but probably not forever. He said "are you serious?, I already have six!". I almost fainted. He left with some feeder fish. Luckily he did not buy any oscars.

Ugh! Not as interesting but I often "volunteer" at my LFS by helping them locate the missing Bettas. People like to put two males together and hide them on a shelf... Morons.

VioletEmber said:
Ugh! Not as interesting but I often "volunteer" at my LFS by helping them locate the missing Bettas. People like to put two males together and hide them on a shelf... Morons.

Yeah, I'm going to have to stop doing that :p

KonvictKeeper said:
Wow. I have a story too. I was volunteering for the first time at my LFS. A young man (13-14) was walking around and stopped to look at some oscars. I said "they're pretty cool aren't they". He replied "yeah I think I'm gonna get one more." I asked "how big is your tank?". He said it's 55 gallons. I told him he could do one but probably not forever. He said "are you serious?, I already have six!". I almost fainted. He left with some feeder fish. Luckily he did not buy any oscars.

I am very new to this hobby, but it amazes me just how little some people know! Those poor fish!

Back
Top Bottom