Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-30-2005, 10:06 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Activist

PS

Cruise is like 5'5" or 5'6".

Old 06-30-2005, 10:39 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

What makes your opinions and views any better than his? What makes his religion wrong?

Old 06-30-2005, 11:58 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
What makes your opinions and views any better than his? What makes his religion wrong?
IMO, it doesn't. To each their own. Stating your beliefs is fine, but forcing your beliefs on others is wrong.

But because he is in the public eye a lot, he gets to voice his opinion out a lot more and shove it down people's throat and that's what torks me off about him. Every chance he gets, he has to mention scientology. Heck, he even got Katie to believe in that. She's just a little puppet that he is controlling.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:31 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by FawnN
Quote:
IMO, it doesn't. To each their own. Stating your beliefs is fine, but forcing your beliefs on others is wrong.

But because he is in the public eye a lot, he gets to voice his opinion out a lot more and shove it down people's throat and that's what torks me off about him. Every chance he gets, he has to mention scientology. Heck, he even got Katie to believe in that. She's just a little puppet that he is controlling.
I agree. There is nothing wrong with your beliefs and expressing them, but there is a time and place for everything. That would be like, becoming a high school/college history teacher, and all you talk about is how stem cell research is good/bad or how abortion is good/bad-- its great to have those opinions.. but a HS history class isn't the place. As a movie star who is supposed to be promoting his new movie, he is promoting his beliefs instead.

Old 06-30-2005, 11:08 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Andos99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMcAllen
Because he's This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community.......is that good enough of an answer for you?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well in my opinion celebrities are normally so drab and boring and yet we have their lives forced fed down our throats. So I kinda enjoy when someone has something to say that has some substance, whether I agree with it or not at least its conversation with substance. Being a stay at home mom I get kind of starved for adult conversation so I listen to alot of msnbc, talk radio, and what not. I would much rather hear about tom's scientology beliefs vs his dawson creek girlfriend just as I would much rather hear Brad Pitt talk about Africa instead of Jolie. If the media is gonna constantly talk about these people it's refreshing when an actual "topic" worth talking about comes up.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:31 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
On the Media abusing Tom Cruise: could care less, I guess Iraq isn't newsworthy anymore

On Scientology: scary people in this "religion" entirely made up by a dead science fiction writer

On kid's drugs: A recent study ( http://www.news.uiuc.edu/news/04/0827adhd.html ) states that playing outdoors may help allieve symptoms of ADHD. As an aspiring scientist, and current layman, let me just say

DUH

I understand that some kids need to be on medication, my wife's family has a distant relative that needs it. But our society is increasingly lacking in responsibility and relying on a pill to cure all our ills. Diet pills, sex pills, depression pills, relaxing pills--all pills to make up for an unhealthy lifestyle. If people would take responsibility and adapt a healthier lifestyle, I bet 90% of the people on meds would be able to come off them. Medication should only be the last resort, but for some people it's the first thing they reach for.

I remember when I went to a shrink to sort out some problems a couple years ago. I sat and explained what was going on, and one of the first things he asked was, "do you want medication for that?" If I said yes, he would write out the prescription right there and I'd be on my way. I said no and spent a couple sessions talking some stuff out and went on my way. That experience, along with other close ones experiences, leads me to believe that meds are just handed out like candy. They aren't for me.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:00 AM   #38
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Attacks on ones relegion will not be tolorated here. This thread is locked and all those whom have made comment about a particular relegion being better or worse should be put on notice.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com