Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol i live with my girlfriend and her parents and her mom is crazy about my fish and her dad not so much haha. he did tell me though that the neighbor is moving and hes selling me his 55 gallon with stand and hoods for 50 bucks tomorrow woo!! i have a 2g, 3g, 10g, 20g high and 20 long in my bedroom

Old 07-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquandrew View Post
lol i live with my girlfriend and her parents and her mom is crazy about my fish and her dad not so much haha. he did tell me though that the neighbor is moving and hes selling me his 55 gallon with stand and hoods for 50 bucks tomorrow woo!! i have a 2g, 3g, 10g, 20g high and 20 long in my bedroom
Meanwhile, my cousin is selling a 10g for $95 without filter..and she wonders why nobody wants it. Lucky! If someone was selling that tank for that cheap, my dad would let me buy it right off the bat! Though there might be a slight problem with the placement. Y'all have big rooms lol

Old 07-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
I started the hobby when I was 6. That being said, my mom did all my research for me, and she apparently found all the wrong sites (she put 2 goldfish in a 5g! ) but I started fully doing it by myself when I was 8 or so.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingforfish View Post

Meanwhile, my cousin is selling a 10g for $95 without filter..and she wonders why nobody wants it. Lucky! If someone was selling that tank for that cheap, my dad would let me buy it right off the bat! Though there might be a slight problem with the placement. Y'all have big rooms lol
lol my dad is selling me his 75g fowlr with EVERYTHING included for 400 bucks in november. he spent 4 gs on it haha and ive also got a 20g mouse cage, 5.5 nano reef and 5.5 dwarf puffer right outside my room. by december im going to have so many different tanks going! i love aquariums
Old 07-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud29 View Post
I started the hobby when I was 6. That being said, my mom did all my research for me, and she apparently found all the wrong sites (she put 2 goldfish in a 5g! ) but I started fully doing it by myself when I was 8 or so.
Water changes and everything? O____O

I don't know whether to feel old because of the age I'm starting at or young because I don't have much knowledge yet. Haha
Old 07-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:

lol my dad is selling me his 75g fowlr with EVERYTHING included for 400 bucks in november. he spent 4 gs on it haha and ive also got a 20g mouse cage, 5.5 nano reef and 5.5 dwarf puffer right outside my room. by december im going to have so many different tanks going! i love aquariums
When I get my own place I want to have at least 3 tanks. I really want to own angels in the future, maybe some goldfish. (Already thinking ahead of the gun, oh no!)
Btw how do you keep up with all of those tanks? I can't imagine how it looks like in there
Old 07-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingforfish View Post

When I get my own place I want to have at least 3 tanks. I really want to own angels in the future, maybe some goldfish. (Already thinking ahead of the gun, oh no!)
Btw how do you keep up with all of those tanks? I can't imagine how it looks like in there
yeah its gonna be such a pain when we move out. i have a calendar whiteboard that is specifically for my fish tanks and what i have to do with them lol soooo many water changes. i have the 20 long and 20 high on my dresser. the 10 g on a stand next to my 52 inch plasma screen and the two betta tanks on my headboard. lol the only pic of my 20 long is a pic i took to show my sister how much fish food i have and that doesnt even include frozen! the betta tanks are 2 and 3 gallon cylinders i dont have any pics of them right now and this is the saltwater setup im getting in november

Old 07-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:

yeah its gonna be such a pain when we move out. i have a calendar whiteboard that is specifically for my fish tanks and what i have to do with them lol soooo many water changes. i have the 20 long and 20 high on my dresser. the 10 g on a stand next to my 52 inch plasma screen and the two betta tanks on my headboard. lol the only pic of my 20 long is a pic i took to show my sister how much fish food i have and that doesnt even include frozen! the betta tanks are 2 and 3 gallon cylinders i dont have any pics of them right now and this is the saltwater setup im getting in november
Woow those are some really nice tanks! The next tank I'm going to get is probably a 5g, because I can fit that on my dresser (it isn't big at all), and I need a QT for when I get the rest of my stocking plan. After that, I'm probably just gonna put a betta in there and call it good. Haha
Old 07-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks good, can't wait to see that SW

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks i have two 10 g qt tanks in the storage room one fresh and one salt and this is the nano i just started cycling will be going to the store tomorrow for 5 pounds of live rock to put behind this 2.5 pounds of decorative its going through fishless cycle and im thinking of doing a build thread once i get my lights and its close to being done cycling

maybe ill do a double 5.5 build fresh and salt
im also doing a fishless cycle with a heavily planted already 5.5 that will be housing a dwarf puffer. that also needs new lights and new substrate before its done cycling

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com