Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Regular

Jeez I feel old starting to keep fish now and I'm only 24. Fair play to all you guys thay started out early. Good responsibility to have as a kid.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:57 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebetta View Post
Jeez I feel old starting to keep fish now and I'm only 24. Fair play to all you guys thay started out early. Good responsibility to have as a kid.
Better late than never. (:
I have 3 cats, 2 dogs, and a fish tank. I have a lot of responsibilities alright! Lol but it is fun having yourself occupied.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yeah so glad I started now. I am 2 cats and 1 male Betta. Thinking of a community tank over the next few months. Just want to concentrate on my Betta for now
Old 07-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just started and I'm 15. I've wanted to since I was 12/13 but my parents refused. I finally convinced them to about a month ago and I have a 10g freshwater cycled aquarium and I just set up a new 5g Betta tank because the poor betta (my first fish) was originally in a 1g and I found this site and temporarily moved him to a 3g and permanently to a 5g with a filter and heater my poor Betta has had a rough life because of me. I'm just happy I learned before it was to late.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm 13 and I started at the end of last school year so I've been going for roughly 4-5 months... I currently have two 5gs and two 3gs running but I have a 10g I'm gonna set up soon! I would have bigger tanks but this hobby is a little pricey for a teen who doesn't have a source of income... I bought all my tanks when I had a steady dog walking job where I made a $100 a month but now my boss has a new job where she doesn't work as chaotic hours...
jessicafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicafish View Post
I'm 13 and I started at the end of last school year so I've been going for roughly 4-5 months... I currently have two 5gs and two 3gs running but I have a 10g I'm gonna set up soon! I would have bigger tanks but this hobby is a little pricey for a teen who doesn't have a source of income... I bought all my tanks when I had a steady dog walking job where I made a $100 a month but now my boss has a new job where she doesn't work as chaotic hours...
$100 a month?! Holy cow I would love to have that..lol yeah I know what you mean, when I went to my lps, they were selling 5g tanks for $76...and the heaters were $40+ depending on how many watts. It's crazy, considering it would literally take me months to save up my allowance just to get something small like that. However, my parents do buy things for me at times (yay!) haha
Old 07-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 View Post
I just started and I'm 15. I've wanted to since I was 12/13 but my parents refused. I finally convinced them to about a month ago and I have a 10g freshwater cycled aquarium and I just set up a new 5g Betta tank because the poor betta (my first fish) was originally in a 1g and I found this site and temporarily moved him to a 3g and permanently to a 5g with a filter and heater my poor Betta has had a rough life because of me. I'm just happy I learned before it was to late.
Bettas were the first fish I ever kept (well, technically it was my mom lol).

I used to keep my 2 platy in a 1 gallon bowl (don't judge me!) but that was when I didn't have a clue about anything. They were in there for about a month until I learned all about fish keeping. Thankfully, they're still alive and they're now in a cycled 10g. They've been through everything--ammonia burns and lots of stress (no ich, though!), and they've been standing strong every step.

Everyone will make a mistake at some point, you just gotta learn how to fix it.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Freak

I started at 12 and now after a year the people at PetSmart know I know what I am doing. Lol I think your never too young to start learning how to care for fish.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got my first tank for my 10th birthday, and didn't find this site until last year. Im 14 now, and have 5tanks running.

Most pet store employees form chain stores just give me what i want, and all the mom and pop stores know who i am, and we have fish chats whenever i visit!

So i guess it depends where you live?
Old 08-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hmmm, define starting LOL first real fish tank when I was 11? but we have always had minnow tanks at my grandparents place and it was tough to keep me out of them, I like playing with the fishes

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com