Top 10 Species 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony Gill

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Some of you may have seen the International Institute for Species Exploration's Top 10 Species report earlier this year. Well, we're now set up to start receiving nominations for new species described in 2008. If you want to nominate a species, just go to the nomination form at: Species Nomination Form | International Institute for Species Exploration. Please provide a justification for why you think your nomination should make it into the Top 10. It could be its size (biggest or smallest - I know already that the smallest known snake and the longest known insect were described this year), coolest looking, weirdest, or simply oddest name. Check out last year's winners for ideas (Top 10 New Species - 2008 | International Institute for Species Exploration). Of course, being an ichthyologist, I hope you'll find some fish species to nominate. (There are around 500 new species of fish described each year, so I'm sure there's something in there worth nominating.) Oh, and please let me know if you need any tips on how to find new species on the web, or if you have any problems logging your nominations.

Thanks,

Tony

Back
Top Bottom