Top Fish Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you feed?

• Freeze Dried, Hikari

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Frozen, Hikari

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Hikari flake, pellet, wafers

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • New life spectrum pellets, wafers

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Tetramin flake, pellets, wafers

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Top fin flake, pellets wafers

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Wardley's " "

• Omega one " "

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Diy Foods

• Other frozen

• Other freeze dried

• Shrimp: Shirakura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shrimp: Mosura

• Shrimp: Hikari

• Total voters
I feed NLS and Omega One. I prefer NLS, but Omega One has some formulas that cater to individual fish that Omega One does not... the veggie flakes for instance.

Right now I feed hikari frozen foods as a snack and then NLS pellets and wafers.

It's a good food for frozen, it's apparently fortified with vitamins and what not. They also melt really easily unlike some other frozen foods but that's not really a problem most cases. I feed their frozen daphnia. My fish love it. The blocks are a bit big for my tank so I just popped them all out and smashed them with the side of a butcher knife to get little chunks that I pop into a test tube and melt with tank water.

I feed Hikari frozen bloodworms, mysis and brine shrimp. Also omega one pellets for discus. I soak them first to prevent bloating. Hikari is a good choice because they "claim" that there is no parasite in their product. Parasite free.

I feed the tetramin, and omega one color flakes. Soon the fishes will be feasting on NLS community and hikari frozen bloodworms... Cause I feel like my fish are eating poo right now.

Just a quick question. Is it just me or do nls wafers smell like spicy ramen??

ps. To those curious, nls wafers do NOT taste like spicy ramen. Trust me.

Crepe said:
Just a quick question. Is it just me or do nls wafers smell like spicy ramen??

ps. To those curious, nls wafers do NOT taste like spicy ramen. Trust me.

Lol, you've tasted? (my friend does sometimes too... But she also drinks pickle juice and eats raw tomatoes out of the can...)

I make my own fish food. I blended carrots, cucumber, raw shrimp, lettuce, seaweed, spirulina, yams, bloodworms and a little bit of NLS into a paste. I then put the paste in some unflavored gelatin. I just scrape off the necessary servings for my fish and they go crazy for it!

I have hikari pellets, frozen bloodworms, and some other frozen food for goldfish! And also hikari algae wafers! Wonder if I can feed my goldfish these since wens grow faster with a strong protein and vege diet

i feed my fish and crayfish tetramin flakes,hbh sinking shrimp pellets,and hikari algae wafers.i feed my ADFs hbh frog and tadpole bites.

Back
Top Bottom