Tortius Maximus my $500.00 African Leopard Tortoise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ikn0xl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
African leopard tortoises (Geochelone pardalis) Just thought Id show him off. The reason why he cost me a extra few is because #1 they are hard to find in my area. #2 the marking on his parents was extremely beautiful just check out his ALIEN Head. He might be a blondie.....(a diff variation in coloration for leopard tortoises)

Nice...although he looks a bit dark to be a blonde. Leopards hard to find anywhere in Cali? I always thought that Cali, like Arizona, was rife with leopards, even in rescues.

No way in my area they are hard to find (Socal), well not hard hard but difficult at times and even when you do they are expensive but most of the breeders are over on this side (north Calif & ariz).. But the blondie part yeah Im hopin ...hes trying ...so its good to be skeptical. Maybe hes just waiting for a time to come out of his shell GET IT!!! lol

Andos99 said:
You paid $500.00 for that?? Wow.....

Some people pay thousands of dollars for a pure bred dog.
What's wrong with spending 500 bucks on a tortoise?

Besides, he sure is a Cutiepie :)

Joe

Toirtis said:
...and I will hopefully be happy to pay just $1000 for one of these in the not too distant future:
:eek2:

Wow, to each his own, I guess! 8O

I bet it lives a whole lot longer than that dog anyhow.
So true, I didn't think of that. How long do these tortoises live, Toirtis?

corvuscorax said:
Toirtis said:
...and I will hopefully be happy to pay just $1000 for one of these in the not too distant future:
:eek2:

Wow, to each his own, I guess! 8O

Actually, thats cheap...if legal angulated tortoise hatchlings were to hit the market, they would fetch at least $20K US each.

I bet it lives a whole lot longer than that dog anyhow.
corvuscorax said:
So true, I didn't think of that. How long do these tortoises live, Toirtis?

Leopards commonly live to 75-100, and 150 is not unheard of.

lol depends

red ear sliders live about 50-70 years. tortois tend to live longer. some up to 200 years. i sayt those would live 80 years tops with good care

stan_and_adam.jpg

Can you post pics of the areas it lives in?

Man we have an AQUARIUM ADVICE that has info on the tank setup and whatever, but what does it take to care for a turtle?

No I mean where YOU keep it at, what you feed it, etc. Just kinda fill me in like you would fill me in on aquariums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom