Trying to catch BIG bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have to ponds by my house. The bigger one has bullheads, small bass, bluegill, channel cats, etc..
The other pond is only about 5ft deep at most and has 3 BIG bass. I have tried everyday for a month and it wont bite ANYTHING. I go to the top pond with a green bait and the bass bite like crazy but on the smaller pond it doesnt bit le anything. I have tried everything!! It is the size of a large bullhead (which is what i thought it was at first). Any tips on how to catch this beast??

go early or late and catch the smallest live fish u can and use it for bait cause thats all they are used to eating . its there natural food

go early or late and catch the smallest live fish u can and use it for bait cause thats all they are used to eating . its there natural food[/QUOTE

I just got back from fishing (8:43pm) i will go out tom morning and catch a small bluegill and see if that works. But what are the chances of it going after that certain bluegill (bait) instead of all the others that are swimming around?

My husband and I have been fishing a small pond that has some huge smb in it. My husband has had 2 get off his book now. The first he hooked on accident while reeling in a bass that was about 10 inches. It lunged after the little one like nothing but jumped off as soon as he got it near shore. The second he got while top fishing using a bright green jelly worm with the feather tail (sorry all learning my less). My daughter managed to get one using the same kind of lure on a bass that was hanging out with blue gill in the shallows. He teased her for 4 hours but finally got hooked.
I would try one of those lures, in a shaded area with submerged vegetation at between 6 to 8pm.

My husband and I have been fishing a small pond that has some huge smb in it. My husband has had 2 get off his book now. The first he hooked on accident while reeling in a bass that was about 10 inches. It lunged after the little one like nothing but jumped off as soon as he got it near shore. The second he got while top fishing using a bright green jelly worm with the feather tail (sorry all learning my less). My daughter managed to get one using the same kind of lure on a bass that was hanging out with blue gill in the shallows. He teased her for 4 hours but finally got hooked.
I would try one of those lures, in a shaded area with submerged vegetation at between 6 to 8pm.

Ok thanks! I just tried a green jelly worm thing that all the little bass go after it.

Any standing trees? If so, then cast in the shadows with a white skirtted spinnerbait with a thin willow blade. Or search for drop offs. A dark green soft plastic tube worked around the drop off works for me.

bass will bite almost anything when they are hungry my best advice is try every lure in your tackle box lol ends up working out for me ive caught a few in the past couple weeks a couple nice size. haha haircut

Attachments

• image-1457316020.jpg
    image-1457316020.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3823921282.jpg
    image-3823921282.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 111
bass will bite almost anything when they are hungry my best advice is try every lure in your tackle box lol ends up working out for me ive caught a few in the past couple weeks a couple nice size. haha haircut

I have tried everything in my box ( not a lot cuz im 15 and use mist money on tanks lol)

Back
Top Bottom