Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ahhhhh, so if you hadn't gotten the gecko, you would be able to get the fish, correct?

What if you rehome the gecko?

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh ok, my apologies then. I wasn't aware that you had the knowledge, I am glad to hear that. Maybe you should use that as your argument, that you have been researching for a year and that you are just waiting for the right sale to come about. And I mean if you were able to breed the GBR's then that also shows your ability. I don't see why they wouldn't let you.

Good luck though, i hope you get it.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't think they would let me rehome it but I could give it to my brother and take care of it for him. The original reason for the gecko was to save money and still keep occupied. The reason I got out of fish was because I bought a crappy light fixture when preparing for a nano reef and it almost caught my house on fire lol..
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh my gosh, then I can see why your parents are so leery of this tank proposal. Fire in a home is one of the most frightening things you can face. Why don't you let them sit on it awhile. They have your reports. If you keep forcing the issue, they may not let you have anything at all.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
Old 08-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

They are fine with the whole fire thing now I showed them that I was truly sorry and that was before they said that I could have the nano. I explained the whole thing to them and they forgave me, it didn't actually catch on fire but my room smelled like it was about to. Btw, I would send thank you things to all of you but I'm on
The app so the best I can do is say it.. Soo thanks!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfishLpond78
Oh ok, my apologies then. I wasn't aware that you had the knowledge, I am glad to hear that. Maybe you should use that as your argument, that you have been researching for a year and that you are just waiting for the right sale to come about. And I mean if you were able to breed the GBR's then that also shows your ability. I don't see why they wouldn't let you.

Good luck though, i hope you get it.
thanks for the motivation, I really need it to get the guts to ask my mom..
Old 08-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The worst thing they can say is no...remember, you're young. When you're out on your own you can have anything you want. It's one of the great joys of getting older....the freedom to do whatever...lol
Old 08-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol your right, but I think that they think I'm too ambitious
Old 08-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfishLpond78 View Post
It's one of the great joys of getting older....the freedom to do whatever...lol
That, and interesting wrinkles.....
Old 08-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB
That, and interesting wrinkles.....
Hahaha your right, that too

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com