Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was wondering, if I got about 40$ a month, would that be enough to cover it?

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I'm thinking about asking my mom tonight. Hope it goes well..

Old 08-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
Well, I'm thinking about asking my mom tonight. Hope it goes well..

good luck
Old 08-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks! I'm still kinda nervous lol
Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just don't whine, it's not at all attractive.....
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha I understand. Well, I asked them and they said give us some time to think about it which is quite an unusual thing for them to say. Thanks for all the help and maybe I'll be getting one soon!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

They got back to me about it today and they said I could but I'm not allowed to have more than one tank in my bedroom, which is completely understandable. The catch is, I'm not allowed to sell the current tank. I'm not sure if this is a cruel joke or a riddle but I think I'll give it to someone and see how that goes. Any ideas?
Old 08-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

I haven't read this thread except the first few posts so ignore this if it isn't relevant at this point. Instead of telling them why you should have this, have you asked why they feel you shouldn't? I don't mean be belligerent, but frankly if you have to provide a reason for you to have it, I think it is fair for them to provided their reasons for concern.

Otherwise you are being strung along. You can't reasonably be expected to respond to their concerns without truly knowing what those concerns are, IMO. Please don't go pick a fight with them based on this post, LOL.

Best of luck.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks for post, I asked them and made sure To not argue lol. They said that it was the weight they were worried about because I am on the top floor and a crack or a tank that is just too heavy would be catastrophic. They said that once we redo the basement, I will be able to have it down there. It should be around november when that happens. The pluses to having it down there are that there is not much of a limit to the size of the tank, and the temperature can be regulated easier. The cons, in my point of view, is that I won't see it as often, I wont be able to see it at night that often, and there will be exercise equipment with a rambunctious seven year old sister around it. I think the no size limit greatly outweighs the cons though
Old 08-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Another big upside to the downstairs thing is no direct sun light so hopefully no major algae bloom. Good for you, did you remember to thank them for answering your questions, parents love that kind of thing.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com