Trying to convince my parents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha I think I actually did. I am actually amazed that they are letting me put it in the basement, as they told me months back that it wasn't going to be as fun as I thought it would be because I wouldnt be able to see it as often. We put a tv down there with cable a few weeks ago so it may turn into a "man cave" with a little luck lol. Another upside is that there is a sink and garage really close to it. So pwc's will be easy. I may even install an rodi system.

You know why women love the idea of a man cave? Because it gives us the rest of the house!!!!! :brows:

I love Man Caves, it's where my new 120 reef build is going, i'm pretty excited about it. But yes, Man Caves are great LyndaB!!!

Haha ya they are very good. Now I can't get it off my mind lol. I want to start looking on CL but it isn't time yet. Can't wait to see all the Xenia, duncans, acans, and mushrooms. :D

Had to do the same with my parents. I printed out web pages loaded with info and was CONSTANTLY talking about it and now, 2 months later I'm started a reef. All went well:)

I have always gotten my son things when he showed interest in them. I wished it would have been fish instead of cooking, cars, computers and games. At least I always knew where he was at and where his extra cash was going.

Christmas is around the corner ask them for a refractometer and a liquid test kit.:dance:

needmorecowbell said:
I do all of those for free lol.. If I asked I would probably get yelled at..

Haha I know me too lol, they'll b all like u live here!!!! Your supposed to do those things, regardless!!!lol but I have a 40 g breeder in my room

joy13 said:
I have always gotten my son things when he showed interest in them. I wished it would have been fish instead of cooking, cars, computers and games. At least I always knew where he was at and where his extra cash was going.

Christmas is around the corner ask them for a refractometer and a liquid test kit.:dance:

I've said that one to my parents too lol. Theyve broken down now, I'm in the midst of setting it up, should be ready by the 25th. It's In my new thread. I'm probably going to ask for a light for christmas :D

Austin.b said:
Haha I know me too lol, they'll b all like u live here!!!! Your supposed to do those things, regardless!!!lol but I have a 40 g breeder in my room

Lol I've heard that before, and nice! Is it a fresh?

joy13 said:
Haha I'll probably ask for some frags:) its so great to have a place where you can talk fish. At school the closest you can get to reef talk is talking about how nemo is cute. Haha it's good to talk to people of your own kind:D

Lol I resort to talking to local lfs people asking them questions I already know to see if it might spark up a conversation or maybe I'll know what they do wrong lol. For instance, I talked to an lfs that I trust completely and asked them how they would cycle the tank. They said buy some cheap, hardy fish and let them cycle it.... I was disappointed to say the least :/

@ least ur lfs knows what cycling is. Mine told me I could keep an Oscar, and 3 mollies in a 10g. I bought a 20 cause it sounded off, and now am buying a 4' 75g for Christmas. My parents, both being carpenters, are building me a custom stand.

Oohh custom stand :O sounds like a diy thread to me hehehe. And that lfs is most definitely crap... Thats a horrible thing to do to the mollies and the Oscar. The Oscar at least gets a fancy meal though... But then dies in it's own waste

Back
Top Bottom