Two of my goldfishes have cloudy eyes. I need help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nreyes6316

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I am new in Fish keeping so I need your advice.

On december I bought a 10 gallons tank and I put 3 Goldfish there. I was able to control everything in my water very good but I read I should put them in a bigger tank what I did. My ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate leves where 0 and fishes were in good shape in my old tank. In order to get a bigger tank, I bought a 36 gallons and I treated with safestart from Tetra and prime. I set it last monday (01/14/2013) What I did was I clean everything with hot water before I put everything in my tank, I put water in when everything was set. I ran my filter, I put prime, and aquarium salt (7 soup spoons according to the label). After 24 hours I put safestart and after 24 hour more I put my fishes in and small quantity of prime. I feed them 24 hours after they were introduced to my aquarium and I put little more prime ( I follow this from wiki aquarium "cycling your tank") I use api kit in order to measure ammonia, ph, nitrite, and nitrate levels. During these three days my readings are: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0 and Ph 7.5. Temperature is 73 F. Yesterday my water became a little claudy and today it keeps claudy and my fishes, two of them, begin to have claudy eyes. I do not want to treat with medicine because the cicle has just started, and do not want change my water for the same reason. I know there is a problem with the water and I do not think is bacteria. I made this asumption because I wash everything with hot water before I started the cicle even my tank itself. Can someone help me in order to save my fishes? Thanks!!!

You need to do a water change and do it quickly. Your tank is far from cycled and you run the risk of those fish kicking the bucket.

Thank you for your advice. It helps me to safe their life. The cloudy eyes are gone.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom