Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Ugh.... Interviews

I am applying for the position of Station Manager for my college's radio station and I just went to the worst interview! Well, the interview wasn't bad, I was just bad. I was sooooooo nervous and I know the panel (of 7 people!!!) could see that. And I could say so much more now because I can thik clearly... Blah..... This isn't the final step... one more interview to go IF they recommend me.... I feel sick

Old 03-22-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Aw, don't feel bad about it, you do what you can, and maybe you'll have learnt from this. Now you have a better idea of what to expect, so next time will be a bit easier
Hope you'll hear from them! Good Luck!!

Old 03-22-2005, 10:32 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Keep in mind, we are ourselve's worst critic. You may feel you bombed the interview but in reality, you probably did fine. An interview is nothing more then the lost art of BS. Anticipate the questions, asnwer without hesitation and always apear confident. Finally, at the end of the interview, turn the tables. When you are asked if you have any questions or comments, ask, "Is there anything you see on my resume or have heard today that would make you question my ability to do the job?" Now keep in mind, they may not be honest but they will impressed with your confidence. good luck on the next round.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
Old 03-22-2005, 10:42 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
Ruby, believe me, it's exactly as Lando says. I interview personnel all the time. What I want to know during the interview is:

1. What is your appearance.
2. What is your appearance when asked a direct question
3. Are you honest about your past
4. Will you be honest in the future
5. What type of person are you

Believe it or not, most of the questions during an interview are based on those five parameters. I never believed in the "Interview by Committee" process but some groups want to be involved in the decision.

Confidence, not arrogance, will often place you in a better position. It also helps to smile while speaking about yourself and your qualifications.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
thanks guys, you always know what to say to make me smile! I did try to smile during my interview (but not a fake smile) and there was a question where I got down and serious about another issue. Finally, I did ask some questions in the end so I am happy about that. Hopefully they liked me and will pass me along to the next interview!

one of my friends said he didn't want me as station manager because I am too good at sale I thought that was a nice complement, but sales has started getting too easy for me and I really want the challenge of station manager. (He also said I'd make the best station manager out of the group, but that we need the money )
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com