ugh my teacher made us use live fish in lab today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linds3y

Aquarium Advice Freak
We had to use live goldfish in my biology lab :(
We had to put them in a graduated cylinder to measure their volume and then into a beaker filled with "culture solution" for 15 minutes to measure their respiration...
I feel so bad for them :(

Bettafanatic said:
Poor little things. That's equivalent to using a live dog or cat in a lab. How cruel.

Well i wouldnt say its that Intense.... But ya its bad.

I just know that they're SO stressed out :( its awful. Especially when you have the other people in the class who have no respect for fish and aren't careful with them at all.

i would have kicked up a huge stink if they did that infront of me when i was in school but im like that cant contain myself when it comes to animals of any sort.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well i wouldnt say its that Intense.... But ya its bad.

Yeah it's not that bad. If it was a dog I would probably end up hurting someone lol.

_skyla_ said:
i would have kicked up a huge stink if they did that infront of me when i was in school but im like that cant contain myself when it comes to animals of any sort.

I thought about saying something but she did make comments to the people that were being careless with them and made sure no one was letting them sit out of water or anything...
I just felt that it was unnecessary.

I setup a tank for my class so other students could gain respect for fish.

You think it's bad now ... wait till Undergrad and Graduate school. It's not just fish anymore.

MrPillow said:
Just wait till college, you get to do much more outlandish things to animals.

I am in college, it was in my pre med biology lab..yes I imagine it'll only get worse, I'm going to school for nursing so I'm sure I'll have to test all sorts of things :(

jcolon said:
You think it's bad now ... wait till Undergrad and Graduate school. It's not just fish anymore.

Ugh lol yeah, and this is my first semester working toward a b.s. in nursing, planning to get my masters. I'm afraid of what they'll make me do as I advance :eek:

emerald76 said:
Like what sort of things? The poor fish

We had to drop them in graduated cylinders to measure their volume and put them in a culture solution for 15 min to measure respiration. People just weren't being very gentle :(

datkush said:
We had to drop them in graduated cylinders to measure their volume and put them in a culture solution for 15 min to measure respiration. People just weren't being very gentle :(

Culture?!?!

I woulda sue that teacher for animal cruelty i would be like hey how bought i measure your respration instead

hellaasian said:
I woulda sue that teacher for animal cruelty i would be like hey how bought i measure your respration instead

That would be a pointless lawsuite IMO

Back
Top Bottom