Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey
Well it looks like you are at a pivotal moment between your fishkeeping life and your home life, good luck, just remember, your fish can't take half of everything when they go. lol.
Haha so true brother!! So true!! And thanks. I'll get through this. Christmas is in the air! At least I hope so.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridewithme38 View Post
I think this exact reason most people are waiting longer to get married these days...Disagreements about fish tanks
HILARIOUS. I spit my coffee a little.

Even a fish couple have disagreements (my boyfriend is salt and I'm fresh).

Old 11-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Also I have filters and he has one. I have 2 heaters and he has 1 that's 3 filters and 3 heaters. So yeah maybe more gravel but I think I'm good with fish as I'm probably overstocked anyway. And I have so much decor in storage.

But I do understand. Because of course I would need to find a nice light with LED's and moon light effect.

But yet this is what I don't understand. I can get the sea quest for the bedroom. So that's more money right there. I think she thinks the bigger tank is gonna clutter the living room. I think that's her main issue. Then again I could be wrong.
Maybe draw up your plan? Do a tri-fold board? PowerPoint? Excel spreadsheet of the budget? I would be pulling out everything over a free tank and that you have many of the things for it already. Good luck!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd hate to lose this chance to grab such a nice tank/ stand for free. But I guess she cracked the whip! LoL. She thinks I've just lost my mind!

Hahaha! She's like all I wanted was a goldfish for our son in a bowl. I told he can't be in a bowl he needs a tank with a filter and everything. Well the goldfish died within 2 weeks. We had him in that fluval chi, I didn't know any better so I started researching fish and I wanted to fully understand what happened to the gold fish and that's how it all started. But she wants a dog?! Hahaha I laugh at her.

This is the dog she wants.

Attachment 61352

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 11-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrazyFishLady

Maybe draw up your plan? Do a tri-fold board? PowerPoint? Excel spreadsheet of the budget? I would be pulling out everything over a free tank and that you have many of the things for it already. Good luck!
Great idea! Thanks!!

Honey have a seat... As I dim the lights and start power point with hand outs

Old 11-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post
AHA! I don't know how I missed this the first go round...... read it again, slowly, and tell me why your wife doesn't want a bigger fish tank in this room. Go ahead, you can do it.
She doesn't want you to mess with the furniture she got from her grandmother...... hellllllooooooooooooooooo..... why are you not getting this? You're not blond, are you?

By the way, that is just the cutest dog..... get her the dog, she deserves it.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB

She doesn't want you to mess with the furniture she got from her grandmother...... hellllllooooooooooooooooo..... why are you not getting this? You're not blond, are you?

By the way, that is just the cutest dog..... get her the dog, she deserves it.
[Moderator edit] I'm just going to rearrange it. I hate that chair and no one sits on it anyway. And the dog? The dog will do more damage and require more attention then my fish!! LoL.

And no, I'm not blonde!

Old 11-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok, I'll try to explain this to you, from a woman's perspective.....

Family items that have been passed down are treasured. That's why no one sits on the chair. It's there to provide your wife with comfort, which it obviously does, plus she has a responsibility to be the keeper. I have a marble top table that was originally my grandparents. It went to my mother on their deaths and when my mother died, it came to me. It's not "mine" but rather it's in my keeping.

This is why she doesn't want it moved. Trust me..... this is important.

By the way, that's a really cute dog.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
Old 11-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB
Ok, I'll try to explain this to you, from a woman's perspective.....

Family items that have been passed down are treasured. That's why no one sits on the chair. It's there to provide your wife with comfort, which it obviously does, plus she has a responsibility to be the keeper. I have a marble top table that was originally my grandparents. It went to my mother on their deaths and when my mother died, it came to me. It's not "mine" but rather it's in my keeping.

This is why she doesn't want it moved. Trust me..... this is important.

By the way, that's a really cute dog.
Thanks! It is a cute dog. But we'll have to make a deal!

Old 11-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

You're not getting the whole "grandma's furniture" thing at all, are you.....

By the way, if that's you holding that really cute dog, you're pretty hot..... who knew?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com