Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB
You're not getting the whole "grandma's furniture" thing at all, are you.....

By the way, if that's you holding that really cute dog, you're pretty hot..... who knew?
Yeah I'm getting it lol. It will look just as fine against the other wall! LoL hey! I pay the bills all I want is a fish tank! She wants a dog! You have to walk it in the rain,cold, snow and heat,wash it,buy dog toys, vet bills, groomers, food, doggy treats, clean up after it, and play with it.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've been working with rescue dogs for over 15 years. I have 3 right now. I don't think you want to try to convince me that they are not worth whatever it costs.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Dogs = buy dog toys, vet bills, groomers, food, doggy treats, clean up after it, and play with it.
Fish = buy tank, decor, plants, filter and other tank equipment, food, meds, treats, water changer to "clean up after them" and you have to play with them.

I'm sorry, what was your point again?

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
I'd hate to lose this chance to grab such a nice tank/ stand for free. But I guess she cracked the whip! LoL. She thinks I've just lost my mind!
Any chance she'll let you put it in storage out of the way (if you have the space to spare) until the time's right? Even if it's 5 years down the road? A free 125gal with stand is SUCH a great chance I'd wish I had. All she wanted was a goldfish in a bowl? Eventually she can have 8 - 10 fancy goldfish in a large tank! It can still be for your son ... just down the road a little. By then the goldfish can change into other fish.

I get the furniture bit ... like LyndaB said ... it like a family heirloom ... DO NOT MESS WITH.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

pssssssssst, tell him to get her the dog......
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
Old 11-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post
pssssssssst, tell him to get her the dog......
and gift certificates for a night out with her friends at a restaurant of her choice!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Preceded by a mani/pedi......
Old 11-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post
Preceded by a mani/pedi......
and then finally followed by a day at the spa .. her and her friends of course!

uh ... at this rate it really wont be "free" anymore.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #28

Your a fire chief...Explain to her about all the strange calls your station has been getting about spontaneous combustion.....Then one day when she's out light the chair and table on fire......Then you'll HAVE to get the tank to cover the char marks on the wall!

In the end, your the man in the relationship...Get the tank...a man's home is his castle

BTW: I'm single....Can you guess why?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hahaha that would be a GREAT story!! And yeah maybe a mani/pedi!!!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pretty sure we all know why you're single.....

j/k NOT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com