UGH!!! That's all i can say!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be soooooo happy with a 75 it would make me feel better a out my fishy's too! I know that would be happy with the bigger size tank.

I've said many times .. IMO a 75E ( ~ 48 x 18 x 21) is practically the ideal tank size (40B is my second ideal size). Large enough to allow a lot of stocking options, but small enough that it doesn't dominate a whole wall, PWC's are relatively easy and you don't have to go ridiculously crazy on filtration. Depending on what you stock, a Fluval 405 or equivalent at minimum can handle it ... although an FX-5 or equivalent could be a better option.

BTW ... a week ago at was at a Petland Discounts and they were advertising their own $1.00 / gallon sale up to 75E, Petco only goes up to 55gal. Don't know if you have Petland's by you, if the sale was all their stores or when it ends ... but worth looking.

Lol. All this over a larger tank?

Look- say ill get You the dog if I get my tank. I have a 220 gal. It's only 6 ft long. I have it butted up to my bistro dining room table so it's dinner and a show.

And FW is a heck of a lot cheaper than SW. Trust me. Lol

I hope the 75 is still there and on sale and yes... This is ALL for a fish tank! LoL the things we go through to get what we want.

Sale is still going! They have a few 75's left!! I'm on this!! I'll give her the world!! Just called her she said ok as long as WE pick out a nice stand. They don't have stands.

Ok question. Do I have enough filtration? I have a penguin 350 and a AC 110 running my 55 now. I'm trying to use the saving money tactic so am I good? I have a heater and a spare. Also I have a air pump I have to check what it's rated for. I'd hate to have to buy another one.

Sale is still going! They have a few 75's left!! I'm on this!! I'll give her the world!! Just called her she said ok as long as WE pick out a nice stand. They don't have stands.

AWESOME! Good for you!(y)

Yep ... I'd say get the tank, then worry about the stand (those you can find anywhere), a New 75E for $75 may not be free but it's the next best thing for a new tank.

Ok question. Do I have enough filtration? I have a penguin 350 and a AC 110 running my 55 now. I'm trying to use the saving money tactic so am I good? I have a heater and a spare. Also I have a air pump I have to check what it's rated for. I'd hate to have to buy another one.

I'd say yes ... the penguin 350 is rated at 350GPH and up to a 75gal + the 110 is rated for up to 110gal. A 75 although a good size, is still only 20gal more than you 55. For most of us, I would think, if we have more than enough filtration for a 55, should also have for a 75.

Back
Top Bottom