Ugly fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeffanman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was I'm my Lfs and saw an larger cardinal and it was ugly. I hope my little guys stay the way they are. I know clowns are a pretty scary looking fish as they get older also. I wish I took pics to compare. Are there other fish that get more hideous as they age?

I wouldn't go so far as to say hideous but watch for the fast growing fish. Clowns when in the right environment grow pretty quickly. If you start with a larger fish they won't change their looks too much over time. Not as "hideous".

I 100% believe the emporer angel becomes hideous.... It starts from being a beautiful fish and turns into some sort of circus clown at adulthood

I 100% believe the emporer angel becomes hideous.... It starts from being a beautiful fish and turns into some sort of circus clown at adulthood

Emperors are beautiful when they get older much better than a Koran. I agree cardinals get pretty ugly but I think they are ugly small as well. I like clowns when they get bigger, they just look grumpy.

lol i was waiting for someone to debate me about that lol

i dunno..... turning from this:
JuvenileEmperorAngelfish.jpg

To this:
Pomocanthus_imperator.jpg

Is not really my cup of tea, if they stayed the same way when juvenile..... then THAT would be beautiful

lol i was waiting for someone to debate me about that lol

i dunno..... turning from this:
View attachment 212998

To this:
View attachment 212999

Is not really my cup of tea, if they stayed the same way when juvenile..... then THAT would be beautiful

Haha I do agree that they stayed like their juvenile color they would be better but I like their adult version much better thanImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387658318.443628.jpg

I think both of those adult angels are pretty, and I think box fish and cow fish both have their charm. Google baby green box fish, pretty cute if you ask me.

how about a goblin shark??

ugliest tank....

10,000 litre tank with a couple of blobfish scurrying at the bottom with 2-3 goblin sharks swimming around

how about a goblin shark??

ugliest tank....

10,000 litre tank with a couple of blobfish scurrying at the bottom with 2-3 goblin sharks swimming around

I think if you put a goblin shark and a blob fish in the same tank they would die from a heart attack just seeing eachother. LOL

Too bad that tank is impossible though being that the blob fish is a deep sea fish, I don't know about the goblin shark.
They would be interesting to watch!

Back
Top Bottom