Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-15-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Uhg... can't catch a break :(

I've been working/going to school which makes my days last from 8AM to 10PM JUST ON CAMPUS for the past 4 weeks! The radio station staff and I have been averaging 30 hours a week EACH completely redoing our station because we got brand new equipment, totally new operating system and a brand new General Manager who has changed just about everything in the station (I at least was able to pick my own staff). Anyway, with all these changes going on we can't do everything and since we overhauled our format (that use to play anything and everything - now we actually have a real "format") we've had to go through all our music, edit, throw away, and we are just now starting to add. It has been incredibly frustrating because we only have about 500 songs in our playlist and that doesn't create much variety. Anyway, to my point, we are being attacked by students on campus for "selling out," "sounding like every other clear channel station," other explicit things which can't be mentioned on this wonderful sight... it is all so frustrating because we are working so hard right now and just get bashed left and right. I've heard some compliments from people who hated the station last year (and trust me, it was baaaaaad!), but right now people are just being rude. Makes me hate my work and we've only been on air and in school for 4 weeks.

Anyway, sorry about the rant... I just can't release it at the station because I'm the manager and it wouldn't be a good example to my staff. Gotta stay positive for them though I feel ripped apart inside at the moment.

*sigh* thanks...

Old 09-16-2005, 08:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard time at campus right now....But I'm sure that if you get your format into good shape, people will start to appreciate it better...
I remember my favorite radiostation being completely reorganised, and I was very mad at first! But now I like it just the same, maybe even better...
Hope everything turns out ok for you!

Old 09-16-2005, 11:09 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Remember the compliments, forget the complaints!

Old 09-16-2005, 03:00 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
I think you guys have been doing well with all you have to do. I have always listened to the station and will continue to. Most people don't understand taht these things take time.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:25 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
thanks scott and everyone else too.

It is just so frustrating when people lash out at the staff and myself. Though, I know the current format is one that many more students will enjoy. The hardest part is watching my staff (who I consider family) though. A few are having a real tough time ignoring some of the comments being made.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Rubysoho, I know you and your staff are working hard! The students will come around. It's just too bad they are being rude now. Maybe in a few weeks when things settle down, you can have some kind of contest - give away a CD or a pair of tickets (maybe you do that already) to win the students over. Good luck!

Old 09-19-2005, 12:00 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
yeh, just found out my promotions director gave away all our promotional gifts in New York at a convention (he took them and didn't tell anyone...). Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but the budget is late this year and I know it is going to be less from last year so all of that was already planned for the students Tomorrow we are sitting down to have a meeting...

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com