Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ultimatum: babies for fish

So, this last weekend, I went on kind of a binge and set up a new tank and restocked my larger old one. Afterwards, my wife of a year and a half told me (mostly jokingly) that I could only have as many tanks as we have cats and babies together. As we only have two cats at the moment, I've reached my tank limit.

Sadly, I have a nice little 11g waiting in the wings to be a mini reef tank. So, fellow aquarists, how much is a new tank worth to you? Have you made sacrifices to set up the next tank of your dreams? Why can't everyone be as cool as we are? Sigh.

WBAC88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
come get me tang police!

I don't know if I could make that kind of compromise, lol. I ended up finding someone who doesn't care how many tanks I have.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Sounds to me like she wants to have a baby and is letting you know with the tank number allotment. Make sure you talk to her and that is what she wants before you start working on a baby. Our youngest was conceived after I thought I was getting a lot of signals from my wife that she wanted another child. I immediately started working very hard and doing everything I knew to increase the chances. We had fertility issues on my side before so extra effort was required. She finally comes up to me very surprised and says she is pregnant and I ask why she is surprised, I've been working on this for a long time. She says she wasn't sending me any signals so please talk it over with you wife before you take any action.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Tell her that you'll take care of the tanks and she can take care of the babies
Old 12-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ask her If fry count?
Old 12-20-2011, 02:58 AM   #6
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closetcanibal View Post
Ask her If fry count?
Fry should definitely count as babies. That would mean if you got 1 pair of guppies, you would be able to have like 200 tanks in no time because of all the fry! My ex-bf and I call the guppies our children.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04
Fry should definitely count as babies. That would mean if you got 1 pair of guppies, you would be able to have like 200 tanks in no time because of all the fry! My ex-bf and I call the guppies our children.
That's good, I like that. I think it should totally count. I think she liked things that she can snuggle though, which as far as she is concerned is the major downside of fish.
WBAC88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer51 View Post
Sounds to me like she wants to have a baby and is letting you know with the tank number allotment.

Very smart lady......
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBAC88

That's good, I like that. I think it should totally count. I think she liked things that she can snuggle though, which as far as she is concerned is the major downside of fish.
My wife got a guinea pig that worked for me lol

Tags
babies

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com