Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well as most of know I've been extremely busy due to the storm. I've been deployed to L.I. twice and came back last night. I did lose all my saltwater fish however the corals look to be ok. I had my buddy do 2 water changes while I was gone. I had to move my wife and son to CT due to no power in my area.

Freshwater tank is ok. No loses to report. My heart goes out to all those who have lost ALOT more then just a few fish. It puts things into perspective lemme tell ya.

I've met some great high spirited people along the way and it has humbled me.

Thanks again for all those who have contacted me during this but I see the worst over and I will be deployed again by my wishes to help rebuild Sea Side Heights.

A bunch of us with backgrounds in certain trades have been in contact with people out there and honestly I can't wait to get started.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161
Well as most of know I've been extremely busy due to the storm. I've been deployed to L.I. twice and came back last night. I did lose all my saltwater fish however the corals look to be ok. I had my buddy do 2 water changes while I was gone. I had to move my wife and son to CT due to no power in my area
So sorry to here welcome back. Hopefully all gets better for you.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Really?! Dang dude :/ how are the cichlids?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Well as most of know I've been extremely busy due to the storm. I've been deployed to L.I. twice and came back last night. I did lose all my saltwater fish however the corals look to be ok. I had my buddy do 2 water changes while I was gone. I had to move my wife and son to CT due to no power in my area
Hey convict, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of fish, Im in LI and lost power too but luckily only for 2 days. my saltwater tank was not cycled yet so I didnt lose anything thank god. I'm glad your corals are fine.
TommyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Well as most of know I've been extremely busy due to the storm. I've been deployed to L.I. twice and came back last night. I did lose all my saltwater fish however the corals look to be ok. I had my buddy do 2 water changes while I was gone. I had to move my wife and son to CT due to no power in my area.

Freshwater tank is ok. No loses to report. My heart goes out to all those who have lost ALOT more then just a few fish. It puts things into perspective lemme tell ya.

I've met some great high spirited people along the way and it has humbled me.

Thanks again for all those who have contacted me during this but I see the worst over and I will be deployed again by my wishes to help rebuild Sea Side Heights.

A bunch of us with backgrounds in certain trades have been in contact with people out there and honestly I can't wait to get started.
Good to hear you and your family are safe i have friends and family up and down the eastcoast i havent heard anything from them except on facebook so they seem ok my heart goes out to all of those who have bern affected by the storm thank you for all the work youve done and are doing sorry for your lost fishes
Old 11-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cichlids are fine! I'm gonna wait to add fish back to the BC29.

Just wanna relax and sleep in my own bed lol.

Thanks again everyone.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Cichlids are fine! I'm gonna wait to add fish back to the BC29.

Just wanna relax and sleep in my own bed lol.

Thanks again everyone.
I dont blame you get some rest
Old 11-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Convict! good to hear from you. Thanks for your service to our communities ... Certainly a lot of help is needed all over L.I. ... Among others.

Sorry about your aquatic loses. Keep us posted.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

sorry about your fish man..and thanks for your service. My best friend is in the guard here in northern NJ and was sent to Hoboken, Sea Bright and Seaside heights. He said Sea Bright looks like a bomb went off its so bad

I lost power here for a few days, but I was one of the lucky ones with a generator so I didn't lose any fish
Old 11-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Great to hear from you! Sorry about the fish but that isnt must in the scheme of things. Happy the family and you are ok!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com