Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus
(Update) How do you like your coffee? ****

Yeah, this is pretty off topic but...

I know many of you have seen ads for the Gevalia Coffee System. Well, two weeks ago, I got another and the offer was just too good to pass up. The coffee maker, two stainless steel 12oz mugs, two 8oz packages of coffee and filters for $10.00. That's right...$10.00. I sent them a check for $10.00 and I recieved the product yesterday. While composing this, I'm sipping my first cup and it is extremely good!

I checked all the printed materials and their website and there is no further obligation whatsoever! No "you can cancel your order at anytime" nonsense...nothing!

The question now is...has Gevalia lost their minds or have I lost mine?

Does anyone have the Gevalia?

Old 01-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
Hmm...still using the Black and Decker here. I'll have to check this Gevalia out though. Does it work well? Do you have a Barney's up there? If so, try some of their Sulawesi blend coffee...best I've ever had.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Logan J
Old 01-22-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I like my hamilton beach brew station. I just threw away an offer from Gevalia. Hmm, perhaps I should have opened it. :|
Old 01-22-2005, 09:34 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I like mine is someone elses cup.
Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
No thanks. Coffee is not my cup of tea

Old 01-22-2005, 10:49 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Although I found their coffee very good I did not think it was worth $30.00 per pound. That's more than LR costs and LR lasts a lot longer. I cancelled their subscription plan. I still use the cofee maker on occasion and the stainless steel carafe quite often.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:36 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist
I am a member of the Gevalia service and have been for many many years. They are straight up and have delicious coffee. The stuff in their catalog is good too!
Old 01-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via ICQ to SerLunchbox Send a message via AIM to SerLunchbox Send a message via MSN to SerLunchbox Send a message via Yahoo to SerLunchbox

Well there is a link to the coffee maker that i have. It is one of the best purchases i have ever made. Then i can get my whole beans like my Kona coffee beans ($50 CDN/pound), Jamaican Blue Mountain beans ($80 CDN/pound) or the extremely expensive kopi luwaki beans ($365 CDN/pound).

[BillyZ:fixed URL.]
Lunchbox ... "i'm a man, but i can change, if i have to, i guess"

Tankless ... for now ... until i find what i really want (and what the wife lets me get!)
Old 01-22-2005, 01:12 PM   #9
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Coffee is my main food group.

My coffee makers:

My coffee mug (the 52oz/1.5L one in back):

G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Old 01-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus
I did the Gevalia thing years ago and did not find the coffee to be worth the money, but I did use the coffee maker.

Now I make coffee this way: http://www.toddycafe.com/shop/product.php?productId=67

This is a cold-brew method, and you are basically making coffee concentrate that you keep in the fridge. You pour a little in your cup and add boiling water, so it is like instant, I suppose. Because the coffee is made without heat, there is absolutely no bitterness, and I now have a hard time drinking breweed coffee! This is kind of a curse, though, because my husband and I (and my mother, she got me started on it) are all hooked on this method, and it has turned us into coffee snobs.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com