Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2005, 12:21 PM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

Were you ever! It was all I could do to supress yelling out:

"Wow, Menagerie was right...you are a 'bombshell"!

I did manage to compose myself and behave in a typical AA fashion!

Old 02-20-2005, 01:27 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchillin
I did manage to compose myself and behave in a typical AA fashion!
Oh, thats saying a whole lot!

I think I've only seen her post a couple of times. Her poor freind looked like he didnt realize what he had gotten himself into until it was too late

She left me before we met.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:17 PM   #23
AA Team Emeritus

Ahem...are you suggesting that the official AA decorum is not ... ahhh stringent enough?
Old 02-20-2005, 11:15 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hehe oh man guys, you are making me blush..
i still have to upload my pics to my comp... but i worked all day and now i'm going back out

Old 02-21-2005, 12:16 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to xxmoorishmanxx
looks awsome u guys seem to have a had a good time
Old 02-21-2005, 11:15 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to flipz
wow... jchillin is a huge guy. haha. i never knew! 8O

it's so weird what kind of picture your mind draws when you have no idea what a person actually looks like.

and bubbleyblue is cute. 8)

-brent
Old 02-21-2005, 11:40 AM   #27
AA Team Emeritus

I just got back from my weekend in NYC, and though our flight was delayed 3 hours due to snow and de-icing issues, we had a great time.

It was so much fun to finally meet some of my online friends, and to be able to spend so much time talking fish. The museum was awesome and thanks to Jon for the round he bought us at the bar afterwards - I don't think I thanked him properly!

Also extra thanks to Bill (Jchillin) for the garlic knots he got us at the pizza joint - to die for 8) and for being so prompt to with the update for this thread.

My pics are on a disposable camera so I've got to get them on disk and I'll post them when I get them back.

Particular thanks must go to Brian and his wife Tara, for picking us up at the airport, showing us the town, and putting us up for the night - more gracious hosts will not be found anywhere! His discus and ancistrus are amazing and *smack* me upside the head for not getting pics of them.

I had so much fun talking with everyone and I can't wait to do it again - I LOVE NY!
Old 02-21-2005, 01:17 PM   #28
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl
Also extra thanks to Bill (Jchillin) for the garlic knots he got us at the pizza joint - to die for 8) and for being so prompt to with the update for this thread.
Don't mention it Liz - Everyone should enjoy a unique little piece of NY

Quote:
and for being so prompt to with the update for this thread.
Being a local sure has it's advantages.

Quote:
My pics are on a disposable camera so I've got to get them on disk and I'll post them when I get them back.
Can't wait to see your vantage point!

Quote:
Particular thanks must go to Brian and his wife Tara, for picking us up at the airport, showing us the town, and putting us up for the night - more gracious hosts will not be found anywhere!
I echo that TankGirl - I actually had the opportunity to ride shotgun with Brian in his car in his quest to "Find Parking in Manhattan on a weekend" LOL

Quote:
I had so much fun talking with everyone and I can't wait to do it again - I LOVE NY!
And let's not forget, your husband was a lot of fun too! I believe he and Brian have a project that is under development - the 500 gal tank! You're both welcome to return to NY at any time (I will let you know when and if our Fire Dept. ever changes their colors to lime green...LOL
Old 02-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #29
AA Team Emeritus

Thanks, Bill! If they ever do change their colors it would be a shame- tradition is such a big deal there in NYC and I can see why. Hopefully next time we will get to meet your wife, and do some more of the museum, since we hardly scratched the surface. We could have spent all weekend there.

In spite of the preponderance of fishy talk, Rick did have a good time and was able to participate in some non-fishy discussions.

Incidentally, since we got bumped to a later flight Rick and I got 4 free round-trip tickets to anywhere US Air goes, so we can bring the kids up there next time (*sound of Brian hurrying to change his address and phone number* ).
Old 02-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

8O Houseguests??? Did Tara and I have houseguests? We hardly knew you guys were there Liz. You're welcome anytime.

Tags
pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com