Upgrading later

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this is frequently stated in threads, both fresh and salt and honestly I think it is kind of ridiculous unless you already have the upgraded tank in your possession. Why buy fish that will outgrow your tank, especially if you don't already have the future tank. Life doesn't always allow us to upgrade when we want to. And I'm not a fan of ill trade it in when it gets to big. Who knows what happens to it then. Most fish stores sell you a fish no matter what size but it's on you to understand that fishes needs. What are your opinions on this? I'd say I'm not a fan of buying and upgrading later or trading in

I'm not aware of anyone here really doing it - maybe there is a good trade for all I know but I'd rather match the fish to the tank. Plus my chances of getting a larger tank are slim...

I'm not aware of anyone here really doing it - maybe there is a good trade for all I know but I'd rather match the fish to the tank. Plus my chances of getting a larger tank are slim...

I agree I just feel like especially in sw people but fish for tanks and say ill upgrade him later.

I almost wish my tank would develope a slight leak or a crack - somewhere near the top but I have to replace the tank.

I'd get a much larger one then argue that there is no point having an empty stand, so I should get a replacement tank.

But I digress.... To me it just seems extra work and cost plus trying to time it for when the fish needs to be shifted vs pay day. Perhaps SW is differant? I only have a FW tank but would like to do SW at some stage.

I almost wish my tank would develope a slight leak or a crack - somewhere near the top but I have to replace the tank.

I'd get a much larger one then argue that there is no point having an empty stand, so I should get a replacement tank.

But I digress.... To me it just seems extra work and cost plus trying to time it for when the fish needs to be shifted vs pay day. Perhaps SW is differant? I only have a FW tank but would like to do SW at some stage.

Haha I feel the same way! But yeah it's just so much hassle to catch a fish and find it a new home and time it right. Idk some people do it wonderfully but others don't and then they have a monster fish in to small a tank

Back
Top Bottom