UPS vs. FedEx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
James, can I borrow that unicorn?

I've had great experiences and horrible experiences with every major shipper. If my regular UPS person is not available and there's a fill in it's really hit or miss. I have one of their sticly notes attached to my door at all times so they can just leave the package. I've had a driver put a new stickly note on top of the one that's there and NOT leave a package. I heard from one of the drivers that UPS makes drivers take different routes every so often so they don't get too friendly (and leave packages without a written note). When that happens the new driver is always late because they don't know the route.
FedEx drivere are usually nicer though their timing for Home Delivery is all over the place. But, they do deliver on Saturday for no extra charge (stuff coming from the doctors).
USPS can't be depended on for timing.

Hence the borrowing of the magical pink unicorn from James for outgoing packages.

I tend to get boxes battered by UPS while Fedex doesn't always deliver on time. Both companies treat their packages horribly (usually tossing them about) so now I send all my packages out via a magical pink unicorn that sprouts wings when you huggle it :)

*Sniffles* I want a unicorn too!

Sounds like you could have a real enterprise on your hands with those unicorns. Everyone is asking for them.

NEVER use UPS ground if you are shipping to Canada. They charge something like 30% of your package for the border crossing processing fees! <With a minimum of ~$15.>

USPS charges only a flat $5.

Back
Top Bottom