USPS shipping foobar!Really?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:dance:Shipment to Illinois have arrived!!
All in good shape!
Just the subtle timing issues I have experienced lead me to know that Monday/Tues shipping is the way to go.
It leaves room for error IMO!

Cracking a beer to celebrate another successful shipment!!
This could easily become a tradition!!(I am over 21,I am 'the old guy'!)

Your on it sir.. Box comin to you today. Ill get those params straight afta work for ya.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dont rub it in there buddy. Im already in the kitchen bustin butt... Come on retirement.

Hush you...8am class is no bueno either!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

8:30 woop whoop with a teacher work day Friday! Party time!
We've got the shortest school day in the district, 8:30-2:50, but then you need to consider the fact that we have no other life because of homework :(

We've got the shortest school day in the district, 8:30-2:50, but then you need to consider the fact that we have no other life because of homework :(

Today was 8-8:50 and tomorrow is 8-12:15 :p lol 12:15 is my latest class all week

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ha you wanna talk no life? Join band dude! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

USPS Strikes again. This time im really peeved off. Almost got the cops called cause i was maaaaaaaad...

Got a call from my PO. my package got stuck in a machine in the KC plant. Its been crushed upon removal they say. Its back in lawrence and waiting for me because its undeliverable. I go get it. Soaked! I ask how to deal with this, ad i just dropped $50 for overnight express shipping. I was told ill have to re package them and try again. I said yeah thats understood, but what abt the cost. Got told i would have to pay again. How? Why? Why should this be my loss. Not to mention that 2 of the 10 GBRs are dead. Im livid at this point and went off. If USPS is all ive got then they need to get their butts in gear. Im so mad typing this my GF is telling me im red and to relax. Grrrrr.......... SOOOOO MAD RIGHT NOW.

Curious if anyone has ever tried DHL for shipping? I ordered some car parts years ago that arrived two days ahead of schedule that were done through DHL

Jesse

I would love to try Anyone else. Unfortunately theyre all in kc. The small hub offices here wont accept fish. You have to drive them to the facilities in KC. which is abt 1.5-2hrs round trip. Frustrating, but whats a normal dude gonna do?

USPS Strikes again. This time im really peeved off. Almost got the cops called cause i was maaaaaaaad...

Got a call from my PO. my package got stuck in a machine in the KC plant. Its been crushed upon removal they say. Its back in lawrence and waiting for me because its undeliverable. I go get it. Soaked! I ask how to deal with this, ad i just dropped $50 for overnight express shipping. I was told ill have to re package them and try again. I said yeah thats understood, but what abt the cost. Got told i would have to pay again. How? Why? Why should this be my loss. Not to mention that 2 of the 10 GBRs are dead. Im livid at this point and went off. If USPS is all ive got then they need to get their butts in gear. Im so mad typing this my GF is telling me im red and to relax. Grrrrr.......... SOOOOO MAD RIGHT NOW.

Sorry you are having the issues but this is what shipping livestock is. Imagine having a shipment lost or worse half way around the world. ( Don't get me started on that. :facepalm: ) You need to check other options. FedEx, UPS, DHL, for starters. I've shipped fish with all these. Yes, they are not going to be as cheap as USPS but if you want less aggravation, you need to pay the higher costs of shipping with better shipping companies. Have you tried Shiphawk (shiphawk.com) there in Lawrence, KS? I see they match what you are shipping to a qualified and insured shipping company near you. Might be worth a look? (y)

Shiphawk? Theyre here? Holy cow, Ill look into them right away. Thanks for that andy. I need something, as after this is all said n done ill be out $100.

I would love to try Anyone else. Unfortunately theyre all in kc. The small hub offices here wont accept fish. You have to drive them to the facilities in KC. which is abt 1.5-2hrs round trip. Frustrating, but whats a normal dude gonna do?

Here's what you do: You add the cost for your time and gas to the shipping rate and take the fish to KC to a more reliable shipping service. Maybe even hire a service or kid to drive them there for you. That or just accept that you are gong to have these issues from time to time with USPS. It sucks but it is what it is. :blink: I've had to drive 4 hours, each way, to pick up fish from fish farms because they wouldn't ship or deliver. You do what you have to do. I have to drive over an hour to pick up "local supplies" for my other business. You do what you have to do. That, or you don't ship. You always have a choice. ;) :whistle:

Shiphawk? Theyre here? Holy cow, Ill look into them right away. Thanks for that andy. I need something, as after this is all said n done ill be out $100.

I may have spoken too soon. I Googled Shipping Companies, Lawence KS and their name came up. They may be a freight forwarder and not handle smaller shipments but they may be worth a call ( or online chat) to see if they can offer other suggestions. Otherwise, see my last post. ;) (y)

Here's what you do: You add the cost for your time and gas to the shipping rate and take the fish to KC to a more reliable shipping service. Maybe even hire a service or kid to drive them there for you. That or just accept that you are gong to have these issues from time to time with USPS. It sucks but it is what it is. :blink: I've had to drive 4 hours, each way, to pick up fish from fish farms because they wouldn't ship or deliver. You do what you have to do. I have to drive over an hour to pick up "local supplies" for my other business. You do what you have to do. That, or you don't ship. You always have a choice. ;) :whistle:

I understand i have a choice. Im not mad at what happened to the package... This i understand is just one of those things. Its the disregard for my refund. Why should i have to pay shipping again? Never got that answer...

I understand i have a choice. Im not mad at what happened to the package... This i understand is just one of those things. Its the disregard for my refund. Why should i have to pay shipping again? Never got that answer...

Hang on..... isn't the shipment insured? There is a $50.00 insurance if you don't post a higher amount. Why can't you apply for the insurance? Yes, you'll need to pay for the second shipment but then you should get the original back from the claim. No? (As long as you shipped under their guidelines :whistle: ) If there were dead fish in the bag due to the bag being damaged by their machine, they are now worth $25.00 each. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom