Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-29-2005, 07:02 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to dr_girlfriend
Vegas hotel advice

My husband and I are going to vegas on the 10th for a few days. I'm so excited!!! This will be a well needed vacation. We went a few years ago on a southwest road trip and had a blast.
So I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the Paris? I booked 3 days in a deluxe room, I'm hoping they'll upgrade us when we get there. My other choice was the stratosphere or NYNY. I'm thinking of switching to the stratosphere because its alot cheaper. I really wanted to get a romantic suite at mandalay or bellagio but couldn't bring myself to spend 200+ bucks a night for a room. The last trip we stayed at circus circus, which i don't recommend, especially now that theyve jacked up their rates.
Are there any shows anyone recommends? I was thinking either celine dion or mystere. The only show we saw the last time was V at the venetian because we got the tickets free for sitting through a time share presentation, ugh. Any suggestions would be great!!

Fish are friends, not food

We weep for the bird's cry, but not for the blood of a fish. Blessed are those who have voice.

Pinky: "What are those Brain?" (pointing to a group of people protesting)
Brain: "People without jobs Pinky."

N. California aquarium maintenance, scuba certification, and boat services.

Need computer services in N. California? Click here!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
The paris is AWESOME ... I work in the travel industry and know a little about vegas, although not really up on the shows!

The Paris rooms are really nice you won't be dissapointed. They also have great resturaunts, shops and an all around atmosphere that really can't be beat!

Bellagio is also nice, rooms are comparable to the paris, but a little more expensive. Resturaunts are good, shopping is EXPENSIVE 8O ... some real high end stores! They have the dancing water show nightly, I suggest you watch that from the street ... it is truly a spectacle how they get each stream of water to dance with the music being played!

Stratosphere I really don't suggest except for the ejection seat ride at the very top ... something like 14 stories up and then the seat shoots another 800 feet in the air 8O 8O 8O .... see if you can get a chepo camera up there and snap some shots at the very top! The rooms are mediocre (sp?) and the worst part of it is that your a little ways away from the strip. The Stratosphere is on the strip, just very far down one end!

Mandalay bay is nice, Almost likely to catch a star or two, this seems to be the place for a getaway from hollywood ... and I really don't know why! The rooms are so-so, unless you can get upgraded to a suite then they are supreme, but that holds true with any of the Vegas Hotels! Just not likely any of them will upgrade!!

NYNY is also Awesome. The rooms are very nice although I still don't think they compare to The Paris. They have a great atmosphere as well, and eateries as if you were really in NY! The roller coaster is a definite must do!

Circus Circus is OLD SCHOOL VEGAS ... in fact they should tear that place down and make way for another ... really old and dirty, the rooms are horrible and the overall atmosphere lacks anything near quality!

If you want a cheaper great place to stay .... The Mirage and Treasure island (sister hotels) are in my opinion AWESOME. When I go to Vegas I look for the least expensive room centrally located on the strip, due to the fact that I don't spend much time in my room anyway ... CHA CHING!!!!!! Both of these hotels also have nightly shows .. The volcano eruption and the pirate ship sinking!

Check out the Luxor's Nightclub called RA ... it is off the chain.

I would look into this show right here, around the time your going it seems to be the best ... unless your into Celine Dion?

Have fun ... be safe ... and if ya win big!!! Remember my name .. I accept cash, check, or credit !!!!

God grant me the serenity to accept the thing's I can not change, the courage to change the thing's I can and the wisdom to know the difference!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 06-29-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I went to Vegas in November and loved it! We stayed at the Flamingo and it was great, but when we were there the pool was closed. It's amazing, check it out. Excalibur has the cheapest buy ins that I found for limit poker (hold 'em), 20 bucks, and free poker lessons. Ride the coaster at NY NY, it's really fun and you should be able to get a 2 for 1 admission coupon. Shark reef at Mandalay Bay is a really cool predator-based aquarium, and you get to pet stringrays- very awesome! We saw Cirque du Soleil's "O" and it was amazing (but expensive). If you like cheap delicious food, go to Fremont St. (the old strip) and check out the Golden Gate Inn. They serve you free drinks while you wait for a table- you don't even have to be gambling- and the food is great, like my dad got a huge prime rib for about $9. It's been there since 1906 (that in and of itself is cool to me). And be sure to stick around for the Fremont St. Experience. That's about all I can think of right now. Have a great time and hope you win big!
Old 06-29-2005, 10:18 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just saw a vid clip online of Celine Dion doing a remake of Michael Jackson's "BAD", complete w/ costume and even the same choreography.

For me, that'd rule her show out.
30g long planted fw
1 blue gourami
6 rummy nose tetras
6 gold barbs
3 peppered cory cats
1 'maldito' cory cats=
1 yoyo loach
1 clown pleco
6 ghost shrimp

There are no coincidences.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:23 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Hahahahaha ROFL!!!! ME TOO cJw me too!!
God grant me the serenity to accept the thing's I can not change, the courage to change the thing's I can and the wisdom to know the difference!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 06-29-2005, 10:25 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
We go to Vegas every year. I would recommend Monte Carlo (they even have AAA insurance discount packages). Very elegant and not snooty.

Paris, IMO, is over priced and not all that.

My husband and I usually go to Harrah's for a fun weekend trip to earn free hotel, food and other comps.

If we are looking for a romantic, laid back environment, we go to Monte Carlo.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:36 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus
I know some people to go to Vegas all the time and they have always said Bellagio is the place to go, and the new Wynn resport is also a must see.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:16 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to Andos99
Paris is nice...I've stayed a few times myself, great shops and great food.....I personally like the MGM Grand for the pool
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to have time to do it over.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:57 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist
I went to Vegas about 1-1/2 yrs ago for the first and only time (so far). Stayed at The Imperial Palace, wasn't to expensive and right in the middle of the stip. Probably not near the nicest place though. If your into music I would check out the Blue Man Group, awesome show. Also if you like 70's disco/funk there is a local band called Wonder Boogie that is great, spent an entire saturday afternoon at the carnival at Harrah's watching them. www.wonderboogievegas.com that was the most fun we had there
"So long, and thanks for all the fish."
Old 06-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic
We stayed at the Imperial palace one time and all I have to say is YUCK!! I thought it was really old and dirty.

In my personal opinion, I think the Paris, Bellagio, and Wynn hotels are beautiful hotels, but are way over priced.

Unless you plan on staying in your rooms and entertaining, I wouldn't waste the money.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com