Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-11-2005, 03:19 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good call on the 9800 PRO btw. You'll be impressed. Mine really screams and I cant imagine needing to replace it for a long time. I can only use mine on 2X AGP with my little P3 1000 and it still screams. The new computer shopuld really let it do its thing. Good luck.

She left me before we met.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:38 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hmm, I may need a bigger power supply - I didn't even think of that. I've got a 250w supply right now. That means a new case... jeez.

I don't want this to snowball any further.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 03-11-2005, 04:23 PM   #53
AA Team Emeritus

The 9600 doesn't have the additional power supply connection requirement. You shouldn't have to worry
Old 03-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #54
AA Team Emeritus

well, I just got a response from newegg.com

Quote:
Delivery to the following recipients failed.

support@newegg.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;support@newegg.com
Action: failed
Old 03-11-2005, 04:42 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh yeah, I've got the 9600.

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong, they decide and the shotgun sings the song.

125 SW
80 lb LR
330w PC
Euphyllia, Alveopora, Pachyclauvularia (Metallic Green and Daisy), Frogspawn, Torch, Gold Nepthea, Kenya Tree, Galaxea, Pulsing Xenia, various leather (umbrella, toadstool, fingers, devil fingers, lettuce)
Maroon Clown/White tip LT anemone, Powder Blue Tang, Female Swallow Angel, SixLine Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Firefish, Fathead Anthias, Blue Mandarin, 3 Chromis, 3 Green Gobies
Old 03-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Quote:
Originally Posted by youronlysin
Im going back to running no extra software that isnt required to run and maybe a popup blocker. Thats it. I just want my freakin computer back. Since my last reformat, it has only lasted 3 months before it started acting goofy. It used to last a good 6 months to a year before I felt like I needed to reformat due to performance. I dont keep any valuable information on it so Im going lean once again.
Just use firefox. Popup blocking is part of browser functionality. Not to mention the ability to "tab browse". Plus the fact that most "bad things" are written for internet explorer and don't work on firefox (or safari, or opera, or etc.). I always run multiple drives in my pc's. System on one, data on others. This allows me to reinstall without losing anything (aside from registry information from installed programs). PC runs faster too.

Oh yeah, get a firewall too. I posted a link to a free one earlier in this thread...

Tags
video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com