Visiting the Big Apple in two weeks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yup, I'm going to New York! This will be my first time EVER in that big city (aside from sitting in the airport, which obviously doesn't count

:lol: :multi: :lol:
As you can tell, I am excited. I'll be staying right near the financial district so if any of you New Yorkers [attempted to say that with a northern accent] have suggestions on what I should do/places to go, please let me know!!!

Here is what I'm doing so far:
Stock Exchange
UN
going to see Rent!!!! even better, for $50!!!! hehehe
Studio 54
Lunch in Little Italy (paid for by the school)

ummm..... I think that is all that is planned so far. I'm going with my Leadership Class so there are 12 of us. We'll be there Thursday the 17th - Sunday afternoon (20th). Any cool sports things going on, or perhaps a good music scene?

I'm pretty much a broke college student, but I am willing to splurge. Thanks in advance!!!

:multi: :smilecolros: :multi:

I always recommend Time Square to people visiting NYC for the first time. The ever-changing billboards and lights still can still mesmerize a jaded New Yorker like myself!

While you're in Midtown, you also must visit the Empire State Building Observation deck. Rockefeller Center has just recently reopened its own observation deck - lines might be shorter there.

South Street Seaport is a short walk from the Financial District. Lots of shops and stuff to see, plus a nice view of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Of course, there's SOHO with its art galleries and Greenwich Village with its bars and restaurants...

Hope you have a good time!

Wow...that's real cool. You may as well include stopping by my place of employment (I'm in the FD)...we can have lunch or something. :D As a New Yorker, I can give you a complete list of things to see within the FD, especially for a struggling college student...these locations are free!

~Statue of Liberty - Our lady in the harbor can be viewed from Battery Park...if you want to take the ferry over...I think it's still a resonable price.
~South Street Seaport - Free (unless you want to eat and/or shop).
~Chinatown - It's right next to Little Italy :D
~St. Paul's Chape - Oldest church in NYC. It now serves as a Museum for what I will only term as "that painful event". It's also right across the street from me.
~Irish Memorial - Located within the World Financial Center. Depicts the Irish Potato Famine in the early 1800's
~Jewish Heritage Museum - Located just south of the World Financial Center
~Fraunces Tavern - Well, G. Washington used this pub as his HQ.

There is more...when are you coming in?

I know you like music, so make sure to catch jazz and the blues on and off Bleecker. Jam sessions after 2am at the Blue Note used to be a $5 cover with no drink min. If this is your first trip bring comfy walking shoes -- some of my best memories are from urban hikes, and its free :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom