Volunteering! Yay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KonvictKeeper said:
Well today I'm going in for my first day of volunteering at my LPS. I'm the co-snake/fish guy (I help the fish/snake guy). I'm so excited! Wish me luck!

Haha! Awesome bro!! Good luck!!

AHHHHHH it was so much fun! Didn't sell too much but it was still great! I have a "pet" ball python now :) She lives there but I take care of her. I feed her, clean her cage, and everything else. Her names is Amarillo. She's 1' and a half long and only like 3 wks old.
Anyway, the first thing I did when I got there was clean the tanks. I used a gravel vac, and then cleaned the algae off using one of those razor-scraper thingies. The first tank he made me clean was the.... PIRANHA tank. They just sat in the corner though... 25 tanks later I came to the alligator gar. The second my hand went in he swam up to me, but didn't attack.
We moved rats, stocked shelves and then for the rest of the day we hung out and played with the snakes :) It was a great day :D

What a great experience! I'm sure the store enjoyed having you!
Is there a prospect of payment in the future?

Next you can try taking care of tanks at a zoo or aquarium or science center! I bet you'd be great with public outreach!

That sounds like so much fun!! Did you really stick your hand in the piranha tank?

What a great experience! I'm sure the store enjoyed having you!
Is there a prospect of payment in the future?

Next you can try taking care of tanks at a zoo or aquarium or science center! I bet you'd be great with public outreach!

Yeah it was lots of fun! And I don't really plan on being paid. It's really just so I can be around all these animals I love!

As for your question George, yes, yes I did. Both the tank with the five little (3") ones. And the tank with the three large (6") ones. The larger ones did chase me though.

KonvictKeeper said:
Yeah it was lots of fun! And I don't really plan on being paid. It's really just so I can be around all these animals I love!

As for your question George, yes, yes I did. Both the tank with the five little (3") ones. And the tank with the three large (6") ones. The larger ones did chase me though.

I wouldn't stick my hand in a tank fullif piranhas for a million dollars (well maybe I would for a million, but still)!

KonvictKeeper said:
AHHHHHH it was so much fun! Didn't sell too much but it was still great! I have a "pet" ball python now :) She lives there but I take care of her. I feed her, clean her cage, and everything else. Her names is Amarillo. She's 1' and a half long and only like 3 wks old.
Anyway, the first thing I did when I got there was clean the tanks. I used a gravel vac, and then cleaned the algae off using one of those razor-scraper thingies. The first tank he made me clean was the.... PIRANHA tank. They just sat in the corner though... 25 tanks later I came to the alligator gar. The second my hand went in he swam up to me, but didn't attack.
We moved rats, stocked shelves and then for the rest of the day we hung out and played with the snakes :) It was a great day :D

Sounds awesome I want to do that ! Piranha tank awesome sounds like a fun tank.

Back
Top Bottom