Wal mart fish lol read this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not an expert on tanks or fish but it seems to me that going to a department store for equipment is something you should do only if you are an expert on what you are buying.

You may pay a bit more online or at a specialty store but the extra amount buys you the expertise and/or time of the person helping you.

If a customer asks me a question that I can't answer (which happens quite often), I can't bluff my way out of the situation because I know the people on the other computer are just as capable as I am of looking up the answer.

What I can do is research the question for them, saving them the time of having to do it themselves. That's the value I add. When someone does that for me, I am grateful for the service and the peace of mind that it provides. To me, that's worth a couple of extra bucks.

is there anything we can do about the walmart laziness? like, can we rat them out to the humane society for fish cruelty(or someone like that) What about PETA? I'm sure they could raise enough stink to do something about it

Question, do you really want to? Do you really want aquarium animals regulated any more than they already are? Realize the more restrictions you seek the more they affect us all, good or bad ;)

Glad to see this thread so I know I'm not the only one sickened but depressed to think about how wide-spread it is. The local branch carries spotted puffers which are much too complex to be sold to someone who buys their fish at WalMart! When I first saw them I was really tempted to buy all of them and give them to someone or someplace that understand what "brackish" water is and why putting them in with your pretty high-finned fish can be a bad idea, but then WM would just see this as reason to restock & things would be no better. Frustrated when people use this as reason to buy fish there but can't blame them a bit - sometimes caring about little animals who have no voice just sucks.

Back
Top Bottom