Warm thoughts, share your vacation plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you suck... oh sorry did I say that out-loud? J/K!!! :wink:

yea... the wife and I are dying for another vacation. Wether or not we'll be able to GO anywhere on our vacation will be another matter all together. Personally, right now I'd just be happy with a break from work.

Not really summer vacation, but we planned an excursion to Castaways, a water park in OH, for next week. Indoor water park that is.

I would love to do the dude ranch thing, Jchillin. My little girls are obsessed with horses and my husband is a "roughing it" kind of guy. What a great family vacation - I'll have to see if there are any of those around here.

I really miss scuba diving, though, and sailing, which I used to do all of the time when I lived in S. Florida. We need to save our pennies for a getaway like that just for hubby and me :D

A dude ranch, how cool!! :)
My wife has been bugging me to do that for years.
Maybe one day we will, but its hard to give up that beach. :wink:

Castaways, a water park in OH, for next week. Indoor water park that is.
Where is that one at? Cedar Point?

I really miss scuba diving, though, and sailing, which I used to do all of the time when I lived in S. Florida. We need to save our pennies for a getaway like that just for hubby and me
We go once a year somewhere diving if I have to drag everyone kicking and screaming (never really have to). As you know its tough to take a vacation being self employed. We didn't do anything the first 8 years, now we close the first 2 weeks of July every year. Life is too short not to have some fun. 8)
Its nice since the kids are bigger now and my inlaws go with us, we can hit the boats in the morning and spend the afternoon doing family stuff.

for spring break I might be heading to Tampa FL because a friend of mine owns a house down there. Then over summer I will be visiting my dad on the Splendor of the Seas (a royal caribbean ship) because he is the Hotel Director. The ship will be in the mediterranean :mrgreen:

I don't know if you'd call it a vacation, because it certainly won't be "relaxing," but I'm headed to Jacksonville tomorrow for the Super Bowl! I've been an Eagles fan all my life, but I was only 3 last time they were in the Super Bowl so this is my first chance to seem them in the championship.

Can't really concentrate today. Work is going to have to wait until Monday.

tripper

I may be doing summer school to realize some stress and not have o take extra credit hours next year,

but i really wanna roadtrip across the US id like to head north towads the dakotas, then into montana, colordo, arizona, dont know if this will happen but i can dream

'Round these parts you are hard pressed not to see several cars at any given time without an OBX sticker or OBX-related license plate. That is a fabulous beach area with tons to do, commercial and otherwise.

We like to go to Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge, just south of VA Beach, and bike or hike to False Cape State Park - it is 6 miles, so not too many people there. There are wild horses and wild pigs, and we get the beach to ourselves.

Here's how we do it (I get to pull the twins in the trailer 8O)
normal_FalseCape.jpg

I have been going to this resort with my family since I was in high school. We still go back every year. In fact, my wife and I honeymooned here. Great place with fond memories.
www.edgewood-resort.com

Ahh.. summer .....

Lake Champlain - a cabin for the week - lakeside.

No phone , no T.V. Nearest town .... 15 miles

Paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom