Watching your tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niki86

Aquarium Advice Activist
So sometimes I enjoy just laying on my couch and looking up

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400285840.815019.jpg

This is what I am looking at, i could lay here and just watch my fish swimming and interacting.....sometimes I can sit with my face level with the tank and just stare.....I find it quite relaxing and enjoying!!! But when my roommate or someone comes in the room and asks what I'm doing I feel stupid saying just watching the fish....lol

Just wondering if some other people feel the same or if they just like lazing around watching their fish too?

So sometimes I enjoy just laying on my couch and looking up

View attachment 237466

This is what I am looking at, i could lay here and just watch my fish swimming and interacting.....sometimes I can sit with my face level with the tank and just stare.....I find it quite relaxing and enjoying!!! But when my roommate or someone comes in the room and asks what I'm doing I feel stupid saying just watching the fish....lol

Just wondering if some other people feel the same or if they just like lazing around watching their fish too?
I'm completely with you Niki. I do the same. Problem with me is, because it's so relaxing, I usually end up falling asleep doing it. 'Others' don't understand and think we are nuts, I know my girlfriend thinks I am....lol

Yea the trickle if the filter is pretty relaxing, mmmm might be time for a fish watching nap haha

It's what separates us from the rest. When everyone in my house is plopped down watching TV, I'm stretched out on the floor watching my fish instead.

I'm glad there's other people out there that do the same as me! My girlfriend also thinks I'm nuts because I'll just sit on the chair by my fish tank and watch the fish happily swimming about! I find it so relaxing just watching them.

I have my fish where I can see them from my bed. Problem is, between my tigers, serpaes, and cories, I have too much to watch to go to sleep. Then my leaf fish will drift by on a mission.....then my rubber nose pleco will come out, then a tiger will stray into my red fin sharks turf....too much to watch.

I have a tank in my home office. One of the office chairs' air suspension is broken so it sinks to its lowest setting. Wife wanted to throw it out but it is the PERFECT height for viewing fish. Many hours spent there.
My other tank is in my bedroom about 4-5' from my side of the bed. Planted shrimp tank. Very relaxing. Slight him from the filter and the occasional trickle of water. Shrimp mulling around just doing their thing. Did I say very relaxing? Sometimes fall asleep watching it.

Glad too see more people like me too!

I especially like the broken office chair story haha it's perfect level ahha

I'm almost done setting up a tank about 2 feet away from my bed that i'll be able to view lying down. No idea what i'm stocking it with yet but it will have a moonlight and some nocturnal fish. Hopefully it helps me clear my racing mind when i try to sleep. My familyand friends think i'm crazy just for the amount of tanks i have now. The payoff for people thinking you are crazy is when your shy fish hide when anyone else is watching but dance like nobody is watching while you stare at the tank. Even my Kuhli loach gather to beg for food when i watch them now.

I find mine doesnt put me to sleep, because my fish are always up to something. And I ponder the question: I wonder if I can put a/school of ___________ with them tiger barbs? They stay to themselves.... then I have to get up and google, then you have to read over several pages, then oh crap its 3 in the morning... Slippery slope...

This is true! I have stayed up many a nights either on this site or on google just reading and reading....I went through quite a few long threads on this site of share your xxxxx fish pics lol

The Berta one made me impulse buy a betta but I find you never regret a purchase!

I regret buying my african leaf fish. He lurked around, happily being a leaf fish, then he got attacked, had a chunk missing from his side, so he hid behind my filter for a couple of days, and is starting to lurk around the main tank again, but I can tell he is timid now. I bought him on impulse, thinking hed be fine, and he seems OK, but he doesnt fit into the order of my tank. Other than that, and a few random deaths here and there tho, I have had good luck. I love the balloon mollies I got recently, tho 2 of those died out of the blue, but the other 2 seem fine.

Back
Top Bottom