Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhetor
Well here's the thing-

I've been in the house since July.

So that means the discrepency is from the previous tenants! I am definitely not paying for them!!
I moved into my apartment six months after the previous tenants moved out. The gas should have been turned off and the meter read when the previous tenants left - not sure whose fault that was. The gas company tried to charge me for the gas used in the previous six months - about $100 worth - to fuel the pilot light in the stove.

I had to fax the company a copy of my lease proving when I moved in and they credited me the difference.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:51 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Went straight down to the water office.

The lady asked me if i had an automated sprinkler system.

I am going back on monday because the gentleman who read the meter was not back by the time i was at the office. Whatever happens, i am not paying a $415 bill for no reason.

My previous bill was $52.19 for a 2 month period. Now for a 3 month period it is $414 and change. Something doesn't quite add up there.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:24 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

alright well after i solve this water bill issue, i'm not paying another one, because i'm moving right out of this house.

This was the second friday night that my 3 roommates planned a huge party without even mentioning it to me. Last time this happened, i had to work at the shop late and showed up to a giant party at my house, then at midnight the cops showed up and my roommates hid inside while i dealt with thim, as well as the kid dying from alcohol poisening in my living room.

So this time i again come home to find they have planned a big party, when the cops show up i basically made it clear to them that the cops would treat them much, much nicer than i would if they didn't go outside instead of being cowards like last time.

After getting back from work today i realize that my 10g is very cloudy, one cherry barb is dead, and my convict cichlid is missing. someone literaly stole my convict. I have no clue what they did with the thing. I have changed the water and am basically watching the other barbs die, i think one might recover, the other looks doomed.

I just don't get it.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:51 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Eww, I'm sorry. Add in some fresh activated carbon as well. May help.

Sounds like you need to hightail it outta there, and fast.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:04 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Sorry to hear that. Time to get new roommates.

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 11-19-2006, 03:59 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I am sorry to hear that. I bet someone at the party put liquor in your 10g. You should definately move! I have found after a few attempts that paying more rent to live by myself is worth not having to deal with roommates!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:33 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am currently looking for another place to live. I could never afford to live by myself. I've found though that its cheapest to just live with 1 other roommate, and probably a lot less stressful. I know some one who wants to get an apartment with me, and he doesn't suck at life like my current roommates. I work 30 hours a week at the shop, sometimes more, and am scraping by. I really don't need to get arrested over my roommates stupid and illegal actions to boot.

The convict actually showed up this morning! I have no clue how i couldn't find her when i searched last night.

Bad news is she is really suffering. I have been changing the water and she appears to be looking better, but i guess time will tell. I don't think she will make it though.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to crazyred
Did you say someone died in your living room of alcohol poisoning?? 8O 8O 8O OMG, what happened and were there any consequences over it?

55 gal.FW: 4 platies, 3 angelfish, 3 Cochu's blue tetras, 2 Rummynose tetras, 4 A. cacatuoides, 1 A. trifasciata, 2 blue rams, 6 Von Rio tetras, 1 Queen Arabesque pleco

29 Gal. FW: 2 variatus platies, 6 cherry barbs, 10 harlequin rasboras, 1 opaline gourami, 1 hillstream loach, 1 Rio Jari pleco (L-316), 1 GBR

10 Gal. FW: 1 african clawed frog, 1 dwarf flame gourami

10 Gal. FW:tons of blue ram fry

(4) 2 Gal. FW: all four with male bettas
Old 11-20-2006, 09:35 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

No. He did not die. He was taken to the hospital by the paramedics.

He showed up to the raging party my roommates threw, he was completely trashed. It only took 20 minutes for him to end up unconsious in the backyard with a few kids standing around him holding beers. I walked out there wondering what was going on, saw that he was completely out, had vomited all over himself. He offered no communication, was breathing and thats about it. Fortunately 2 kids at the party had EMT training and they took care of him. I told them to take him up to my room so he didn't have to be outside. After a while they said he would probably be alright but they needed to watch them.

After they brought him upstairs, 4 police officers showed up, numerous kids ran off through my neighbors lawn and the woods, i went out and told them that i rented the house, asked what i needed to do to solve this problem, they told me to tell everyone to leave. So i went inside and told everyone to leave, i come outside and one of my roommates had walked out to get his cigarettes in his car and walked right into a cop. The other two roommates went upstairs into the house and hid in their rooms like children. Keep in mind, these are the kids who planned this party, bought the alcohol, and invited all the college kids. Then when the cops show up they run upstairs and hide and leave me to deal with it, who had absolutely no say in the matter. They didn't even tell me there was going to be a party.

So the cops leave and the 2 kids who are EMTs come out and tell me that this kid needs to go to the hospital. They are absolutely drenched in sweat, and thank god for them, they had been staying with him for hours trying to get him to respond. They desperately beg me that they need to call an ambulence. I asked them why the hell they hadn't already, if the kid needs to go to the hospital then call! They said no one would let them. Wow.

So i call 911, the same cops come back. The cop looks at me like i'm the biggest sack of sh** in the world, and i don't blame him. I don't even try to explain how i ended up in this situation, i would just like to see my friend the next day and not at his funeral.

The kid gets brought to the hospital and is awake and hurting the next morning.

Actually 3 days after that party all 4 of my tiger barbs died.

Now my convict has died, 2 barbs are dead, the corys seem like they will pull through, the CAE is missing and assumed dead under a rock.

I am looking at a few apartments and moving out as soon as i can.

I don't need to get arrested for these kids drug habbits and all round irresponsibility.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:32 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to crazyred
Wow, that's quite a story! 8O I've had parties like that back in my college days, but it was usually me needing to go to the hospital. Good for you for helping take care of that kid. If he had puke all over himself and was passed out like that I'm not sure I would have wanted him in my house.....shame on me. I'm glad he turned out okay.

Sounds like you do need new roomates and fast. Especially if they're killing your fish with their parties! 8O That, for me, would be the absolute deal breaker.

55 gal.FW: 4 platies, 3 angelfish, 3 Cochu's blue tetras, 2 Rummynose tetras, 4 A. cacatuoides, 1 A. trifasciata, 2 blue rams, 6 Von Rio tetras, 1 Queen Arabesque pleco

29 Gal. FW: 2 variatus platies, 6 cherry barbs, 10 harlequin rasboras, 1 opaline gourami, 1 hillstream loach, 1 Rio Jari pleco (L-316), 1 GBR

10 Gal. FW: 1 african clawed frog, 1 dwarf flame gourami

10 Gal. FW:tons of blue ram fry

(4) 2 Gal. FW: all four with male bettas
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com