Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-22-2018, 01:18 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Water Change

I have a dumb question. Once my tank is cycled and established and I start my weekly water changes do I put the water conditioner to remove all chlorine in the new water BEFORE I add it to the tank or is it ok to add the water and then the conditioner? Now I am talking about the 20% water changes. Just thinking I may need to get a bucket to put new water in with the conditioner before I put it into the tank. And then if I need to do that how long does the new water need to set with the conditioner before I put it in the tank.....so that the conditioner has time to get rid of the chlorine?

Old 06-22-2018, 02:36 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

If you are adding it to the tank directly, I would add the conditioner first, then the water.
If you are using a bucket you do not have to let it sit. You can use it immediately.

Tags
ate, change, water, water change

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com