Way OT, but what is the best multivitamin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerMcAllen

Aquarium Advice Addict
As I had back to school this year, I am finally on my own as far as food, so I probably won't be eating as well as I should. I was just wondering if anyone here knew of a really good multivitamin suppliment, or at least what the good things are to look for.

Products like One-A-Day/Centrum are fine. Most of them will be fairly similar. Any once a day vitamin will be fine. The generics are the same as name brand, check the ingredients for yourself and save cash.

My wife's a pharmacist, and that's what she has me taking.

hehe, welcome to the real college life :) Life Cereal (with cinnamon) has been my favorite snack/all purpose food the last two years I've been in college. Not only is it very tasty, but it has a lot of what you need. That and always try to drink some OJ (as long as your stomach isn't sensitive to the acidity) to help your immune system. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to taking care of myself and eating properly, but I've somehow managed to not gain the pounds most college kids put on, and I've also been able to not get sick, even when living in the dorms. Unless you are prone to get sick, just eating food in general will be fine. Now, if you are always doing athletic activities (and beerpong doesn't count!) then you might want to check out a health store. I've heard those flinstone tabs which are made for kids are very good. But OJ is a great source to keep you healthy. Good luck!!!

I also never get sick, and am fairly active. I was just looking, like bearfan said, a suppliment. Thanks for the tips, esp the OJ.

I'm with sumphead.. there's plenty of time for proper diets and suppliments later.. have fun and just remember to eat now and again :mrgreen:

RogerMcAllen said:
I was just wondering if anyone here knew of a really good multivitamin suppliment, or at least what the good things are to look for.

It all depends on who hires me.
If I end up working for Bayer, I'd have to recommend One-A-Day.
If I end up working for Wyeth, I'd have to recommend Centrum. :D :p

Seriously, like Bearfan said, they're all pretty good - including the generics. I like One-a-Day because it has an iron-free Men's formula. It also has extra anti-oxidants.

Also, try to eat a colorful diet.
Intensely-colored fruits and veggies like oranges, blueberries, carrots, tomatoes, and dark leafy greens are packed with vitamins and cancer-preventing anti-oxidants.

beleive it or not when one of my relitives had surgery the doctor recommened flinstones said it was the best vit on the market and she is an adult :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom