We new have 5 tanks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragon14

Aquarium Advice Addict
We now have 5 tanks... (could a moderator maybe fix the new in my subject title to NOW. embarrassing typo!)

What is happening....

1 20g high community tank
10g betta tank
2 5g betta tanks
1 2.5g betta tank (our newest tank & our newest little friend lives in this tank, she is adorable and I am in love with her).

Does it ever stop...

Well I suppose it will have to, right now our newest friend is living on our table... :p

And we want to adopt a King betta at some point too.

How does this happen???!!

It's called MTS(multiple tank syndrome). Symptoms include but not limited to:
Frequent trips to the fish store
Lots of water changes
Research, research, research
Rearranging of aqua scapes
Figuring out where you can fit another tank..
Etc.etc.

Side affects include:
Reduction in cashflow
Loss of time doing things besides aquariums
Relaxation and joy

No known cure but research has concluded that getting another tank will help a little

No it doesn't stop. All of your tanks are still small, wait til they're all 20s or bigger lol

Jesse

Ughhhh.

There's a beautiful 75g setup that we are eying at our lfs... really good deal... comes with stand, light, hood, tank, it's such a good deal.

Then at a further away lfs, we found a really good deal for a 90g....

Problem is, nowhere to put it really..... and it's a lot of money, but less than we've spent on everything and everyone so far!!!! ::facepalm::

Lots of water changes
Etc.etc.

Side affects include:
Reduction in cashflow
Relaxation and joy

No known cure but research has concluded that getting another tank will help a little

I know what it's called :D hehe.

It's just like... we wanted one tank. And one fish. Oh well, it's fun and rewarding. :D :D :D

See what I wrote above to the other person I replied to. Good grief we are going to go broke in the fish stores.

Lots of water changes
Etc.etc.

Side affects include:
Reduction in cashflow
Relaxation and joy

HAHA!

As far as available space, I had no room either, and suddenly a 65g hex appeared in my dining room, and a 29g now accompanies the 55 in my living room..Our apartment is 1100sqft, we are in the process of buying a house that's just under 1900sqft, my wife is scared of what may come next

Jesse

Jesse,

Hah! We live in a little apartment downstairs... basically a studio type idea... it's pretty small.... upstairs there is more room but we'd want it in OUR living space. We started out with one betta last year, upgraded him to a 10g tank, and now look what happened.

Good golly gosh!

We want to get that 75g or 90g setup and get like 20 panda cories and like 30-40 pygmy and/or habrosus cories, and have a bunch of shrimp, and a school or two of some pretty schooling fish. That would be awesome!!!!!

HAHA I think your wife has good reasons to be scared ;)

Lol once you start there's no stopping it. At my peak I had a 2.5, 2.5, 10, 10, 10, 40, 45, and 75 running :D

I have a 2.5, 10, and 45 under my brothers care now :)

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom