Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Weather...

First off, I'm not trying to make light of the Rita situation. I pray for all those that will be directly affected....

but, why does it have to happen this week/weekend?!?!?!?!?! I'm moving from New Mexico to the Dallas area and we'll be arriving Sunday morning. My parents (who live in East Texas) are expecting super heavy rain and say that the metro is also expected to get some heavy rain Saturday/Sunday. Why does it have to happen on my move day? 8O I'm not a stranger to the tropical rains (used to live in East Texas) so I'm not overly worried about it. We'll just back the moving truck up to the garage and unload there, but still, I hate when it rains on moving days. It's happened more than once. Perhaps I should just learn to live with it. And that's my rant for the day.

Again, I pray for the best for those from Brownsville to Houston, and every other place affected.

Rena Filstar XP2
Pressurized CO2 w/SMS122

29 Gallon Goldfish
4" Red/White Ryunkin
4" Orange Fantail
Penguin 100
AquaClear 20
Old 09-21-2005, 01:00 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rain on moving day does suck! I'm sorry. Maybe you will luck out and there will be breaks in the rain while unloading/loading your stuff

Old 09-21-2005, 01:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I can only hope for that. We'll be driving in to Dallas that morning so that's really my main concern. My wife's comment on the situation: "Guess we need to put something down on the carpet. I don't want water tracked on my carpet" (it's brand new carpet). I suppose she's already gotten used to moving in the rain; or just rain in general. I worry to much about things.

BTW, for those of you that knew I was thinking of giving up my fish; I'm not. They'll be making the journey in a luxurious 5 gal cooler with aerator, a few plants, some gravel, and a floating filter/BIO-wheel. I did find out, however, that our landlord doesn't allow pets; which includes fish. As a result, I'll be setting up my tank at my parents house. Our lease says no water furniture and no pets. I think I can get around it and set up a planted tank, minus the fish. When she (landlord) sees it, I can say that it's not furniture, nor does it contain fish. Then I can ask if I can put fish in it since it's already up and running.
Rena Filstar XP2
Pressurized CO2 w/SMS122

29 Gallon Goldfish
4" Red/White Ryunkin
4" Orange Fantail
Penguin 100
AquaClear 20
Closed Thread

Tags
eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com