Weekend purchases etc, what did you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought two electric GBR's, 1 male juvenile German red peacock, and a male female pair of nyererei. Not sure of the actual name of them though.

Just got the 150 gallon home. (Originally thought it was a 180 --don't people know its not good to guesstimate a tanks measurements? ) very excited to get it started! Still have to buy sand and clean found rocks & cycle. but already thinking of stock possibilities :)!!!

Got 45 pounds of sand, salt mix, hydrometer, and an aqueon 500 circulation pump for the 37 gal I'm doing.

Picked up this stuff to scape a buddy's tank.

img_2445823_0_e8dc76a5b5163866eab4560285be0f80.jpg

img_2445823_1_ab32dbd87838af779c2dadc82a0b22ef.jpg

img_2445823_2_72c11a6ddf2f43c077a565817bd2243b.jpg

img_2445823_3_94db80e5421c65cf324c3daf08485e84.jpg

It's a 12 gallon Fluval tank. He asked for help so I took the bait. Wish me luck!! lol

Another weekend down, so more purchases for me! Nothing all that exciting for me... Except for a couple of new panda cories :) put an order in for drsfosterandsmith and getting me more prime and plant ferts.

This weekend got another kessil a150 amazon light and the emperor
25 watt smart uv sterilizer. Wasn't suposed to get the sterilizer till next week, but alcohol makes u do crazy things. :p
Had to promise the wife I'm not getting anything next week, lol.

This weekend got another kessil a150 amazon light and the emperor
25 watt smart uv sterilizer. Wasn't suposed to get the sterilizer till next week, but alcohol makes u do crazy things. :p
Had to promise the wife I'm not getting anything next week, lol.

Yeah, I have a rule about mixing alcohol and eBay, myself. Same goes for Drs. Foster and Smith.

All I picked up today was some bags for shipping and a little bottle of excel. Payed twice what I would have if I got it online, but I do like supporting my LFS. They do nice things for me like give me bags and rubber bands for shipping!

Yeah, I have a rule about mixing alcohol and eBay, myself. Same goes for Drs. Foster and Smith.

All I picked up today was some bags for shipping and a little bottle of excel. Payed twice what I would have if I got it online, but I do like supporting my LFS. They do nice things for me like give me bags and rubber bands for shipping!

Sounds like a good trade off to me! I buy what I can from LFS, they don't always have what I want available to them so that's when I go online. Most other stuff I get from them. All of my fish have come from LFS and I haven't had any problems. The few I have had problems with, they are awesome about switching fish out so things go ok. So glad I have a LFS like I do :)

I bought 50 pounds of HTH pool filter sand (highly reccomend). Ended up using 40 pounds into my 26 gallon. It's a tall tank too!

I bought 50 pounds of HTH pool filter sand (highly reccomend). Ended up using 40 pounds into my 26 gallon. It's a tall tank too!

Funny I bought 10 more pounds of Tahitian moon sand. I just don't know where it goes lol. Started with 120 pounds and now added 10 more pounds.

Weekend purchases

Yeah this weekend I drove 45 minutes to the biggest Lfs in Denver and I picked up a used ehiem 2213 for $30 to replace my loud and junky hang on back and some dwarf sagitaria to carpet the bottom of my 55!:dance::dance:

Man the wife's gonna be pissed. There's only 2 suppliers in the US for ADA and one of em is out of stock on half the stuff they're selling, so when I saw the other one is stocked, for now, I bought six 9 liter bags of the new amazonia soil. $84 to ship it which I don't think is that bad considering its 130+ lbs.

Went out yesterday w the hubby and our two little ones and made a family day of looking for driftwood by the river and collecting piles of slate someone left out there years ago! I have alot of cleaning boiling scrubbing to do to get this 150g up and cycling!

Bought new plants, a new bubble stone (which is driving me nuts) live bait, frozen bait and my son made me buy a cyberman for my bettas tank now i wish i went to the shop on my own!

Bought new plants, a new bubble stone (which is driving me nuts) live bait, frozen bait and my son made me buy a cyberman for my bettas tank now i wish i went to the shop on my own!

Haha I have TONS of aide stones. I would have MORE then happy to send you some! Sometimes it's best to go alone ;)

Haha I have TONS of aide stones. I would have MORE then happy to send you some! Sometimes it's best to go alone ;)

I think from now on i will be going on my own! Don't know what's worse the cyberman sitting right in the middle of the tank or that annoying air stone making a noise or when the tube shoots off I'm going insane!

I think from now on i will be going on my own! Don't know what's worse the cyberman sitting right in the middle of the tank or that annoying air stone making a noise or when the tube shoots off I'm going insane!

I know the feeling.... All.... Too.... Well....

Back
Top Bottom