Weekend purchases etc, what did you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
So... I had a busy weekend.

Rivercats is sending over a nice package of plants.

Pulled the trigger and bought this for the 75 gallon African cichlid tank.
http://www.truaqua.com/uv-sterilizer-pump-internal-uvp13.html

Also made a nice purchase from JetaJockey's site http://www.peabodysparadise.com/shop/

Then... Bought this bad boy for the planted tank
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003SJXTIU/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1366011544&sr=8-10&pi=SL75

Picked up 2 plants to get me started. Mixed all the ferts so everything is ready. Stocked up on peroxide, root tabs and distilled water.

Tested water in planted tank and water change in the 75 gallon African tank.

I think that's it....

Hmmm......

Picked up a sweet deal on a 46g bow-front w/stand, hood and dual T5HO on Saturday..... intent was to upgrade my FW from a 29g, and thought about maybe trying CO2 planted. As soon as my wife saw it, the first thing out of her mouth was "That'd make a nice FOWLR for the fish you wanted but couldn't put in your 28g nano....." D@mn you, woman.... you're right!!! :banghead:

Picked up a few mexican turbos for my nano. Over the past couple of months I got really busy at work, the nano maintenance suffered a little, and I got a red turf algae outbreak. I got it under control where is wasn't spreading, but I couldn't get it to go away..... put those in there, and they went at it!!! I've already got a couple of rocks that are perfectly clean....

Last edited:
I got two GBRs and two more Emerald cories. They're in QT for a few weeks. I also got a pair of boesemani rainbows directly from, what was basically, a 4 month QT at my good LFS. He let them have the tank to themselves (plus two other females) cause he's a big fan of them. I'm hoping they'll breed so he can have another male if he wants it. They went into my main tank after acclimating for a few hours

Got two female Bettas on aquabid, they should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. Also picked one up locally since I got lucky and found a really nice one at Walmart. Don't run into crowntail females there very often. Shipped some baby marbled crayfish to jess1ca today, too.

bought the finnex fuge ray that I've been wanting!!!
bought dry ferts!

Some awesome purchases everyone. I see I wasn't alone lol.

How do you like the light? Post a pic if ya can. That was my second choice for my tank. I just couldn't find a 20" fixture.

Bought the all glass megaflow model 4 sump for the big tank & stayed away from c.list and e-bay for the rest of the weekend. :angel:

Got 4 ottos for my 26 gal livebearer tank, feeders for my Oscar, and paint for the back of the 37 gal sw I'm setting up. Also did my weekly water changes, moved the 26 to make room for the 37 and painted the 37 but those aren't purchases. :p

Some awesome purchases everyone. I see I wasn't alone lol.

How do you like the light? Post a pic if ya can. That was my second choice for my tank. I just couldn't find a 20" fixture.

I will! It hasn't shipped yet, but. I'll let you know!

So... I had a busy weekend.

Rivercats is sending over a nice package of plants.

Pulled the trigger and bought this for the 75 gallon African cichlid tank.
http://www.truaqua.com/uv-sterilizer-pump-internal-uvp13.html

Also made a nice purchase from JetaJockey's site http://www.peabodysparadise.com/shop/

Then... Bought this bad boy for the planted tank
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003SJXTIU/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1366011544&sr=8-10&pi=SL75

Picked up 2 plants to get me started. Mixed all the ferts so everything is ready. Stocked up on peroxide, root tabs and distilled water.

Tested water in planted tank and water change in the 75 gallon African tank.

I think that's it....

Just wanted to say you will be very pleased with the plants from jetajockey. I've ordered from him before as well and I was very pleased :)

I made some plant purchases from aquabid over the weekend.. Will be receiving a crypt wendtii red and ech. Ozelot red, 2 saggitaria chilenesis, and some rotala indica. Hopefully should be receiving by the end of the week, the plants should be shipped today :)

Went to the Chicago chiclid association swap meet on Sunday, got a 10 gallon tank as a resevoir for the ATO for 5 buks, books on planted aquarium plants, some pellet food, root tabs, and an awesome piece of driftwood that you can see in the new acquisitions forum. Later that day got a kessil a150w light with the gooseneck. Wanted 2 but the wife says I spent enough already, so gonna get the other one next weekend. :p

Bought a gorgeous little frontosa, a five bar, 2 ahlis, and hubby bought me a catfish as a surprise. :) the frontosa is a doll, shy, but my favorite of the group.
Oh, and we picked up a 150 gallon pond liner To start putting in. :)

Attachments

• image-3367458781.jpg
    image-3367458781.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2286952327.jpg
    image-2286952327.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 66
thanks, i saw it posted on cl. i dont have space for it atm, but i couldnt pass it up. Its sitting in the driveway on a pallet with a tarp over it. waiting on warmer weather to fill it up outside make sure its not a leaker, but i might just reseal it anyways with the other tanks.

Bought a gorgeous little frontosa, a five bar, 2 ahlis, and hubby bought me a catfish as a surprise. :) the frontosa is a doll, shy, but my favorite of the group.
Oh, and we picked up a 150 gallon pond liner To start putting in. :)

Awesome fish!! I love my feather fin!! He's HUGE!! I never see him though... Only at night if I watch the tank. Sometimes rarely at feeding time. I swear he has blue eyes!

Awesome fish!! I love my feather fin!! He's HUGE!! I never see him though... Only at night if I watch the tank. Sometimes rarely at feeding time. I swear he has blue eyes!

Thanks! He's really cool. He's starting to come out more, thankfully. I built him his own dark cave with a plant in it when I noticed him hanging out in that spot and he seems to be opening up more. He swims around with the catfish a lot. :)

Back
Top Bottom