Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca
I used to have my male Bettas in individual 1g fish bowls, I changed the substrate in Simon's bowl to large rocks instead if gravel. I put everything together, put him back in there & go about my business. An hour so later I heard a noise, look over at his bowl & don't see him, I walk over, look in NO Simon, he's not on the floor, he's not on the table, I think did he jump out & one of the dogs ate him? Then I see this smidge if color on the bottom of the bowl laying flat UNDER THE ROCKS!
My betta, Louis, used to be in a 1g too. He would wedge himself between the gems I used on the bottom and that is where he would sleep! Crazy bettas!

Old 07-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally pu
used to have a couple of hatchets and before I knew they were jumpers, had one jump while I was cleaning the tank...He landed on the wall, like he jumped onto a velcro wall or something it was crazy...I freaked out, slowly and carefully peeled him off and put him back in the tank real quick. It was so funny after the fact though
That's great! Made me think of one of those sticky hand things haha!

Old 07-19-2012, 02:24 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have recently ha one of my fish disappear all together. I've looked everywhere in my tank and under and in all my decorations. He is no where.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

My weirdest experience was when I couldn't find my bulldog plec. My husband noticed his fin hanging out my cana snails shell, my snail had closed down on him, he had a habit of annoying her. We had to take the snail out of my tank & gently pull her trapdoor, I thought he was dead so l put him in kitchen roll, he started flapping about! Put him back in the tank his end of his tail was bitten off, 2 fins & his belly was blood red. My husband wanted to euthanize him but I didn't. And he survived that was 6mths ago & his tail has grown back. He was one Lucky boy
Old 07-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

my dwarf gourami got stuck under a drift wood branch. he was stuck under to the point where he was literally buried by sand and under a driftwood branch. luckily I found him before he was there too long to suffocate.
i want more!
Athaocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx
My weirdest experience was when I couldn't find my bulldog plec. My husband noticed his fin hanging out my cana snails shell, my snail had closed down on him, he had a habit of annoying her. We had to take the snail out of my tank & gently pull her trapdoor, I thought he was dead so l put him in kitchen roll, he started flapping about! Put him back in the tank his end of his tail was bitten off, 2 fins & his belly was blood red. My husband wanted to euthanize him but I didn't. And he survived that was 6mths ago & his tail has grown back. He was one Lucky boy
Holy smokes! That's crazy! Glad he pulled through
Old 07-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had a rope fish get stuck in a piece of coral. It was part of a bigger piece that my parents had brought back from Mexico forever ago. And I can't get my dad to let me take it out >.<
Old 07-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by smomus View Post
That's great! Made me think of one of those sticky hand things haha!
When it happened, it literally scared me so much, that I jumped backwards! I'll never forget that bc my dad walked by as I jumped back and gave me a "WTF are you doing" look lol
Old 07-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smomus

Holy smokes! That's crazy! Glad he pulled through
It also happened to my Cory as well! Here's a foto off her & my bulldog underneath her, she was huge!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120719_170228.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	107505
Old 07-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy1997

How on earth did he get there!
I think there was a hole or space between the rocks & he thought he could swim through, when he tried the rocks shifted. I'm not 100% sure he was pinned because he didn't seem panicked at all but it scare me enough that I made sure it couldn't happen again. I've read multiple places Bettas are known for trying to go through holes that are too small for them, get stuck & die. I thoroughly check any deco to make sure that can't happen.

Tags
weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com