Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
aeruelas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 48
Wierdest place was when I was changing decor and steped away for a bit and when I came back I looked in tank and rainbow fish was missing after looking he was behind the stand jumped out cause I left the hood off
__________________

__________________
aeruelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Alyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 2,284
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I've had a few jumpers, one of which was a swordtail that just went missing for a few days. I found him eventually, he was stuck to the wall next to the tank, behind something that was leaning between the stand and my wall. I had a red finned shark jump two or three times, I managed to scoop him up the first couple times but eventually he was found dried up and tangled in some of the cords from my filter and such. Poor little guy. I had a lid on the tank for all of these escapes. I recently had a female betta disappear into nowhere. I put her in my 56 gallon tank, she was in there for a couple days, then she was gone. Haven't found a body, bones, or anything else. Checked the filters, under decor, and the floor and walls around the tank, even though there wasn't much room for her to get out. Who knows what happened.
__________________

__________________
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Fishguy1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx
I've had a few jumpers, one of which was a swordtail that just went missing for a few days. I found him eventually, he was stuck to the wall next to the tank, behind something that was leaning between the stand and my wall. I had a red finned shark jump two or three times, I managed to scoop him up the first couple times but eventually he was found dried up and tangled in some of the cords from my filter and such. Poor little guy. I had a lid on the tank for all of these escapes. I recently had a female betta disappear into nowhere. I put her in my 56 gallon tank, she was in there for a couple days, then she was gone. Haven't found a body, bones, or anything else. Checked the filters, under decor, and the floor and walls around the tank, even though there wasn't much room for her to get out. Who knows what happened.
What was she in the tank with?
__________________
Fishguy1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Alyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 2,284
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy1997

What was she in the tank with?
A couple guppies. The snails may have eaten her if she died, but she was fine the night before.
__________________
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Fishguy1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx

A couple guppies. The snails may have eaten her if she died, but she was fine the night before.
I doubt the guppies would eat her and the snails wouldn't attack her that's wierd maybe she got stuck in an ornament or something.
__________________
Fishguy1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Alyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 2,284
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy1997

I doubt the guppies would eat her and the snails wouldn't attack her that's wierd maybe she got stuck in an ornament or something.
No ornaments to be stuck in. The one thing with a hole has a hole way bigger than her, and it's clear, so I can see inside of it.
__________________
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Tetra1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx

No ornaments to be stuck in. The one thing with a hole has a hole way bigger than her, and it's clear, so I can see inside of it.
If she died, the snails could have consumed her.
__________________
Tetra1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 111
Wierdest place i found mi chiclid was in the tank. He was missing for like a month then he just showed up
__________________
Alfredoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 107
Great Escape

Since snails count, I think my dwarf frog story should, too.
I had had my frogs for approx. 4 days, when I woke up to my Dad pounding on my door. When I opened it, Dad had a glass in his hand with one of my new dwarf frogs and a bit of tapwater. Later I pieced together what had to have happened.
First, the frog squeezed out of the 1/2 inch gap at the back of my lid. Then it dropped from the top of the tank to my dresser (12"). Froggy then crawled/dropped off my dresser to the floor (3 feet), crawled under my bedroom door, and made it approximately another six or seven feet to the shelf my Mom found him hiding under with the cats watching at least part of the last bit. She held the cats back from finishing their attack, while Dad got him/her in the jar. Not only is Froggy still alive, as far as I can tell no limbs were broken, all toes and fingers are accounted for, not even a claw missing and a week later she/he is eating and swimming.
I thought these frogs were supposed to be aquatic!
__________________
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
smomus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats
Since snails count, I think my dwarf frog story should, too.
I had had my frogs for approx. 4 days, when I woke up to my Dad pounding on my door. When I opened it, Dad had a glass in his hand with one of my new dwarf frogs and a bit of tapwater. Later I pieced together what had to have happened.
First, the frog squeezed out of the 1/2 inch gap at the back of my lid. Then it dropped from the top of the tank to my dresser (12"). Froggy then crawled/dropped off my dresser to the floor (3 feet), crawled under my bedroom door, and made it approximately another six or seven feet to the shelf my Mom found him hiding under with the cats watching at least part of the last bit. She held the cats back from finishing their attack, while Dad got him/her in the jar. Not only is Froggy still alive, as far as I can tell no limbs were broken, all toes and fingers are accounted for, not even a claw missing and a week later she/he is eating and swimming.
I thought these frogs were supposed to be aquatic!
That's great! Glad he's doing ok! I've heard about adf's and their escape abilities but I've never had any issue with my 4! *knock on wood*
__________________

__________________
smomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.