weirdest place your fish has gotten into?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wierdest place was when I was changing decor and steped away for a bit and when I came back I looked in tank and rainbow fish was missing after looking he was behind the stand jumped out cause I left the hood off

I've had a few jumpers, one of which was a swordtail that just went missing for a few days. I found him eventually, he was stuck to the wall next to the tank, behind something that was leaning between the stand and my wall. I had a red finned shark jump two or three times, I managed to scoop him up the first couple times but eventually he was found dried up and tangled in some of the cords from my filter and such. Poor little guy. I had a lid on the tank for all of these escapes. I recently had a female betta disappear into nowhere. I put her in my 56 gallon tank, she was in there for a couple days, then she was gone. Haven't found a body, bones, or anything else. Checked the filters, under decor, and the floor and walls around the tank, even though there wasn't much room for her to get out. Who knows what happened.

Alyxx said:
I've had a few jumpers, one of which was a swordtail that just went missing for a few days. I found him eventually, he was stuck to the wall next to the tank, behind something that was leaning between the stand and my wall. I had a red finned shark jump two or three times, I managed to scoop him up the first couple times but eventually he was found dried up and tangled in some of the cords from my filter and such. Poor little guy. I had a lid on the tank for all of these escapes. I recently had a female betta disappear into nowhere. I put her in my 56 gallon tank, she was in there for a couple days, then she was gone. Haven't found a body, bones, or anything else. Checked the filters, under decor, and the floor and walls around the tank, even though there wasn't much room for her to get out. Who knows what happened.

What was she in the tank with?

Alyxx said:
A couple guppies. The snails may have eaten her if she died, but she was fine the night before.

I doubt the guppies would eat her and the snails wouldn't attack her that's wierd maybe she got stuck in an ornament or something.

Fishguy1997 said:
I doubt the guppies would eat her and the snails wouldn't attack her that's wierd maybe she got stuck in an ornament or something.

No ornaments to be stuck in. The one thing with a hole has a hole way bigger than her, and it's clear, so I can see inside of it.

Alyxx said:
No ornaments to be stuck in. The one thing with a hole has a hole way bigger than her, and it's clear, so I can see inside of it.

If she died, the snails could have consumed her.

Wierdest place i found mi chiclid was in the tank. He was missing for like a month then he just showed up

Great Escape

Since snails count, I think my dwarf frog story should, too.
I had had my frogs for approx. 4 days, when I woke up to my Dad pounding on my door. When I opened it, Dad had a glass in his hand with one of my new dwarf frogs and a bit of tapwater. Later I pieced together what had to have happened.
First, the frog squeezed out of the 1/2 inch gap at the back of my lid. Then it dropped from the top of the tank to my dresser (12"). Froggy then crawled/dropped off my dresser to the floor (3 feet), crawled under my bedroom door, and made it approximately another six or seven feet to the shelf my Mom found him hiding under with the cats watching at least part of the last bit. She held the cats back from finishing their attack, while Dad got him/her in the jar. Not only is Froggy still alive, as far as I can tell no limbs were broken, all toes and fingers are accounted for, not even a claw missing and a week later she/he is eating and swimming. :eek:
I thought these frogs were supposed to be aquatic!:D

ownedbycats said:
Since snails count, I think my dwarf frog story should, too.
I had had my frogs for approx. 4 days, when I woke up to my Dad pounding on my door. When I opened it, Dad had a glass in his hand with one of my new dwarf frogs and a bit of tapwater. Later I pieced together what had to have happened.
First, the frog squeezed out of the 1/2 inch gap at the back of my lid. Then it dropped from the top of the tank to my dresser (12"). Froggy then crawled/dropped off my dresser to the floor (3 feet), crawled under my bedroom door, and made it approximately another six or seven feet to the shelf my Mom found him hiding under with the cats watching at least part of the last bit. She held the cats back from finishing their attack, while Dad got him/her in the jar. Not only is Froggy still alive, as far as I can tell no limbs were broken, all toes and fingers are accounted for, not even a claw missing and a week later she/he is eating and swimming. :eek:
I thought these frogs were supposed to be aquatic!:D

That's great! Glad he's doing ok! I've heard about adf's and their escape abilities but I've never had any issue with my 4! *knock on wood*

I have a divided 10 gal. There is a male betta on one side and a female on the other. There are also several dwarf frogs in there. The frogs have a little opening where they can go back and forth to each side. Yesterday the betta switched! Completely just traded sides! The opening isn't big enough for the male to fit through so I'm thinking he jumped. I really think though they planned it out just to weird me out! Haha!

That's hilarious!! Maybe she scared him so bad when she came to his side that he had to flee and only option was jumping!! Funny!

Back
Top Bottom