weirdest place your fish has gotten into?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smomus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So tonight I was sitting on the floor and noticed weird movement in my tank. Getting up I find my 3in angelfish stuck in my skull decoration.

Poor thing was terrified!

A pic to see the bigger size he is next to a black skirt tetra!

What weird predicament have your fish gotten into?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120718_011810.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120718_011810.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 183
  • ForumRunner_20120718_011906.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120718_011906.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 193
It wasnt a fish but my fiddler crab molted in the tank and then he crawled into the filter and was resting on the cartridge. It was weird because i thought his molted shell was him, so when i opened the filter i was totally suprised to see a crab sitting there:)
BTW your angelfish is awesome

Does a siphon count? I sucked up my little acei one time. She is always curious, and tried to get to what I was sucking up. She hit the tube head first and ZOOMED down the line! Luckily she was just a little shaken up.
I also had a yellow lab jump into one of those floating net things that you put tablets in for treatments. His poor tail was above the water but luckily his head was down in the water. I got to him just in time and he was so stuck that he had to be cut out of it!

Both of these events happened on the same day!!!

christine2012 said:
Does a siphon count? I sucked up my little acei one time. She is always curious, and tried to get to what I was sucking up. She hit the tube head first and ZOOMED down the line! Luckily she was just a little shaken up.
I also had a yellow lab jump into one of those floating net things that you put tablets in for treatments. His poor tail was above the water but luckily his head was down in the water. I got to him just in time and he was so stuck that he had to be cut out of it!

Both of these events happened on the same day!!!

Yeah my blue gourami got sucked in the siphon luckily o saw him and stopped the suction. Also one of my brothers ghost shrimp jumped out of the tank when he was sleeping and when he woke up it was dried...

adammorrill said:
BTW your angelfish is awesome

Thank you! He's so chill normally and just floats around. I think he was trying to get a veggie pellet that landed in there.

These are great stories! Make me laugh.

My shrimp regularly ended up in the filter box of the original airpowered filter I put in their tank. They would just swim right in the outflow. Every morning when I checked the tank I would have to dump them back out. Soon enough I got a sponge filter!

When I was a kid we had goldfish. And one of them we found UNDER the rug on one occasion. another time halfway up the stairs. It had been playing with one of the neighbourhood cats.

Each time it was put back in the tank with half an aspirin (I don't know why, that was the thing to do back then) and went on to live many more years.

SushiLuckyFin said:
Each time it was put back in the tank with half an aspirin (I don't know why, that was the thing to do back then) and went on to live many more years.

If it lived many more years, maybe there was something to it! Maybe just kept infection down?

adammorrill said:
I don't think I would feel safe putting aspirin in my tanks...

Oh I never would either! I have a hard time putting anything but prime in my tanks. Just curious what the belief was and why they did that. How does it change the water chemistry?

When I was first stocking my tank my two year old was looking at something in a petsmart tank when all of a sudden a baby Dempsey hopped out and landed on his shoe. He freaked out and was getting ready to squish it screaming BUG! BUG!! lol!
Off topic, but speaking of fish on the floor it reminded me.
Edit-wanted to add of course I stopped him from squishing it lol!

I was cleaning my aquarium when my baby koi decided to stay in the exact spot the python siphon was about to be placed. After three minutes, I noticed him and had to yank the siphon off. He ended up losing his tail.

used to have a couple of hatchets and before I knew they were jumpers, had one jump while I was cleaning the tank...He landed on the wall, like he jumped onto a velcro wall or something it was crazy...I freaked out, slowly and carefully peeled him off and put him back in the tank real quick. It was so funny after the fact though

sally pu said:
used to have a couple of hatchets and before I knew they were jumpers, had one jump while I was cleaning the tank...He landed on the wall, like he jumped onto a velcro wall or something it was crazy...I freaked out, slowly and carefully peeled him off and put him back in the tank real quick. It was so funny after the fact though

Lololol!!!!!!! I think this takes the cake!

I was cleaning my bettas bowl one time and and I had the betta in the net moving him to the other bowl temporarily and then all of the sudden he jumps and ends up behind my dresser while I was trying to clean his tank and get ready for school!

I used to have my male Bettas in individual 1g fish bowls, I changed the substrate in Simon's bowl to large rocks instead if gravel. I put everything together, put him back in there & go about my business. An hour so later I heard a noise, look over at his bowl & don't see him, I walk over, look in NO Simon, he's not on the floor, he's not on the table, I think did he jump out & one of the dogs ate him? Then I see this smidge if color on the bottom of the bowl laying flat UNDER THE ROCKS!

shellieca said:
I used to have my male Bettas in individual 1g fish bowls, I changed the substrate in Simon's bowl to large rocks instead if gravel. I put everything together, put him back in there & go about my business. An hour so later I heard a noise, look over at his bowl & don't see him, I walk over, look in NO Simon, he's not on the floor, he's not on the table, I think did he jump out & one of the dogs ate him? Then I see this smidge if color on the bottom of the bowl laying flat UNDER THE ROCKS!

How on earth did he get there!

Back
Top Bottom