Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
I guess this sort of thing happens to a lot of people XD.

I'll live, it's not like it's a once in a lifetime sort of thing.

I understand I need to save up for college and stuff.

And I want to study in electrical engineering or marine biology .

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Both of those are great choices.

Go for electrical engineering first so you can take up marine biology next with the money you make. Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

If you make the tank hard work for your parents they will start talking about getting rid of it. So I suggest you make the tank no work and little cost. For example, don't beg for upgrades, don't talk about it all the time so you seem not to have a normal balance of interests, do maintanence task while they are not there, never leave a mess afterwards, use cheap options and made at home options, trade fish rather than buying them, join local fish clubs so they can see it as a happy social activity not a solitary obsession, conserve resources by testing etc only when you really need to etc.

The parents see the tank however you let them see the tank--make it look good! Talk to them about it only occassionally and in a positive way. For example, do you thank your parents for new purchases by cooking them a meal or some other gesture?
Old 05-25-2009, 01:53 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
I usually (98% of the time) spend my own money on fish supplies and stuff. Only on a rare occasion do I ask my parents for money to buy the fish food.

The tank has been stable and clean for quite some time now (should do more water changes..)

It's not the tank itself they complain about its just the money and the fact that I'm pretty much obsessed XD.

However:
My mom just told me we don't have room for a bigger tank, the only place we have room is in the garage.

If I didn't live in Texas I'd consider it. But the heat/cold would probably be too much . I was actually designing a rack system with multiple tanks plumbed together a few weeks ago..

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com