We've moved....Again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, most of us made it. We had a high (for us) fish mortality rate and my house plants aren't doing well. This move made the one from Calgary to Spokane in May look easy (as far as the pets and plants are concerned). I need to vent a bit and then continue unpacking. The ballast broke on the 80 gal a couple of months ago and we don't have the money to replace it, so the Mbuna have been in the dark. One of the common plecos' tail fin had been ripped, but getting it out of the tank was impossible, so I hoped for the best and thought it would be relocated to the Lake Tang tank after the move. When I was scooping up all the fish, I realized he didn't make it and later found a lower jaw and rib bone--that's all that was left 8O Within 24 hours of having the fish in Rubbermaid containers and coolers, we lost the Leporinus desmotes and a Synodontis multipunctatus. From the same tank, we lost four cichlids; the number might be higher, Trevor is so good about not letting me see the bodies. Now that tank only has 11-12 cichlids and a HUGE common pleco. One of the rubber lip plecos from the 50 didn't make it, but my two BrinaNY plecos are still kickin'. A few smaller fish from various tanks died as well. AFAIK, the last loss happened early this morning, one of the Synodontis petricola from the Lake Tang tank gave up. I also woke up to Trevor telling me the HOB filter on that tank leaked all night; three+ gallons right into the carpet and it rained all day--so much for evaporation helping me out.
I wish I had pics to share, but Trevor packed up the digital camera and told me we had lots of film for the point and shoot.
img_537739_0_5caa54e32914f2a9a8fa76f666af4d1c.gif

All the tanks are set up except for the crayfish tank. The rodents need their cages worked on and the cats’ six foot “tree” needs to be brought up, and maybe they will stop hanging out on the table :roll: The kitchen is almost unpacked and I am hoping to make enough room to pull the love seat off the couch. I cannot wait to share pics—we are using the 80 gal as a partial room divider between the dining and living rooms.

Sorry to hear about the losses but glad you guys are safe and sound. Good luck getting everything sorted out the way you want.

Glad to hear you made it ok. I am very sorry to hear about the lost fish and the leakage. Good luck with the unpacking!

We are now the proud owner of a wet/dry shop vac and the carpet is dry. I am so tired of seeing boxes, but they are s l o w l y disappearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom