Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2005, 10:45 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow, sorry to hear about your brother, my prayers also go out for him and you as well. On a brighter note, you sure know who your friends are when you are really in need.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 09-14-2005, 11:18 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks guys. He got home and actually ate dinner. They told him only soft foods but he was eating pasta. It seemed to go down as easily as jello would have. He said that he's not feeling any pain.

He has a huge knot on his forehead where the plastic surgeon put the stitches in. 56 to be exact. The side of his head is where the staples are. Yowzers it looks like it hurt. His facial gash had literally pulled apart his eye brows. The surgeon did a really good job closing it up. It looks normal. Well, with the exception to the big knot. Hunter saw him for the first time this evening and in a whispered voice said, Ouchie. Evertime he looks at him he says, Ouchie. So cute but makes your heart break.

It took him about an hour to take a shower beacuse he couldn't get any soap where the staples and stitches are but he wanted to wash his hair. He used baby shampoo and it didn't seem to hurt. He's up and walking around, a little slower than normal. Hunter keeps trying to get him to hold him but the doctor said nothing more than 5 lbs. So that's making him upset at the fact that he can't even hold his own son. But he's pretty upbeat about the whole thing. He's going to try sleeping in the bed tonight and see what happens. Tomorrow he may try the recliner.

Tonight he checked his voice mail and started calling people and the first words that came out of his mouth was "work talk". Go figure. The guy can't even take a day off without working. Thankfully he won't be getting into a tractor or semi anytime soon. It will be at least a month before that.

We'll see how it all turns out. Everyone was so suprised that he came home so soon. But he was ready to get out of that place.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Old 09-15-2005, 12:12 AM   #13
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Wow. Thoughts and wishes to your sib.
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 09-15-2005, 05:51 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Glad the recovery is going better than anticipated. He and your family will be in my prayers.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
Old 09-15-2005, 02:00 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Your family and especially your brother will be in my prayers.
Sounds like he is doing well and is on the road to recovery.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
So very sorry to hear about that Fishy, my prayers will be for him and the rest of your family as you help him deal with this situation. It sounds like he is a strong man, and will make a full recovery. Good luck to you all!

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 09-15-2005, 04:08 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

Wow, Fishyfanatic, sorry to hear about your brother's accident. I'm glad to hear the update -- that he's on the mend. With you and the rest of the family looking after him, he'll be back to full speed in no time! Poor Hunter - can your brother sit down and have Hunter sit in his lap? That way he wouldn't actually be picking Hunter up. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:45 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

He can sit on his lap, but Dustin can't really look down at him because of the brace. But he did sit on his lap during the Gator ride. What Hunter doesn't understand is that he can't play with him. And Dustin used to roll around on the ground with him and give him piggy back rides and he'd sit on his shoulders and walk around the house. It's understandable that he doesn't realize he can't do those things. But he still wants it. And now with him being hurt, he wants to be with him ALL the time. His daycare teachers said that they could tell that he sensed something was wrong. He kept saying today Daddy ouchie.

He over-extended himself today. He got in his work clothes and went over to the shop (despite desperate pleas from Mandi for him just to stay home) and sat over there all day, helping out as best as he could. Getting tools for my dad or answering the phone. He just won't give himself a break. Then tonight he came home and took 2 pain pills and went to bed in the recliner. He'd never admit that he over-extended himself, but you can see it in his eyes.

His face has swelled up now and he squints to see. His eyes are getting a blue ring around them and they hurt when he touches it. It no longer looks like a baseball is in his forehead, the whole thing is swollen. I hope he sleeps through the night in the recliner. If tomorrow he does what he did today, he's going to be in some serious pain. He's too much like my dad, can't sit around the house.

I wonder how much longer it's going to be like this.

55 Gallon Community
Old 09-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

I found out last night after talking to a chiropractic friend that the vertabrae that he cracked is the same one that Christopher Reeve broke (C1). It gives it a whole new prospective. Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. It is greatly appreciated.

55 Gallon Community
Closed Thread

Tags
night

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com