Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #151
Aquarium Advice Addict

We have two cats, a tortie named Meela and a big fluffy grey thing named Shrek. We have a beautiful 6 year old corn snake named Salazar, and a hamster named Joey who loves to roll around in her ball and torment the cats.
We had an American bulldog named tyson but had to give him to our inlaws due to my husband and sons allergies. Cats no problem but their eyes water up around dogs.
And if course now I have the 29 gallon feshwater tank and working on two 5 gallon betta tanks.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #152
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04
I raised her from a baby. She was apparently kicked out of her nest and was found alone and starving. Only 1 eye and 1 ear had opened. That was 7 years ago and she is doing great.
We rescued a squirrel last year that was pretty beat up. Have you checked out thesquirrelboard.com? Good people over there. Ours was doing great. He started eating on his own and I was accimilating him to the outdoors. He would sit on my shoulder, crawl down and play in the grass and then run back up my shoulder when he got spooked.

Unfortunately he passed away one morning we found him and he was acting perfectly normal the night before. Were not sure what happened. I had ordered special formula online and syringe fed him with 1ml syringes to prevent aspiration. He had a heating pad and a rice buddy and had been doing great for 2 months . I had contacted rescuers and rehabbers to make sure i did everything right.

That's actually why I got the hamster. Not quit the same though...

Old 10-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #153
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynicole View Post
We rescued a squirrel last year that was pretty beat up. Have you checked out thesquirrelboard.com? Good people over there. Ours was doing great. He started eating on his own and I was accimilating him to the outdoors. He would sit on my shoulder, crawl down and play in the grass and then run back up my shoulder when he got spooked.

Unfortunately he passed away one morning we found him and he was acting perfectly normal the night before. Were not sure what happened. I had ordered special formula online and syringe fed him with 1ml syringes to prevent aspiration. He had a heating pad and a rice buddy and had been doing great for 2 months . I had contacted rescuers and rehabbers to make sure i did everything right.

That's actually why I got the hamster. Not quit the same though...
I have not heard of that site before. Thanks very much for telling me about it. I will look into it. Yeah, I have had a bunch of friends with hamsters. I wanted one as a child, but my mom didn't want them. My squirrel is so smart, interactive, and personable that I don't think I could own a hamster now. I have had my squirrel for 7.5 years. I used to work at a nature center, so she did programs with me to educate kids. Also, I had to guess her gender when she was young, so I guessed girl. Then, she grew testicles. Oops. But, I got so used to saying "she" that the habit never went away. Now, I just say she is gender confused.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #154
Aquarium Advice Regular

Aside from the five fishtanks...we've got two dogs - Lucy the chihuahua and Bruiser the chiweenie (the fish are way better behaved). My daughter has a cockateil that likes to poop wherever. So if I'm not chasing the dogs or playing with my tanks I'm following the bird around with paper towels.

Ahhhh, serenity!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:43 AM   #155
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Floppy eared wild rabbit colored rabbit! lol. Not sure how she got that color, found her on the side of the road.
Albino rabbit to! As seen in my display picture.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #156
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04
I have not heard of that site before. Thanks very much for telling me about it. I will look into it. Yeah, I have had a bunch of friends with hamsters. I wanted one as a child, but my mom didn't want them. My squirrel is so smart, interactive, and personable that I don't think I could own a hamster now. I have had my squirrel for 7.5 years. I used to work at a nature center, so she did programs with me to educate kids. Also, I had to guess her gender when she was young, so I guessed girl. Then, she grew testicles. Oops. But, I got so used to saying "she" that the habit never went away. Now, I just say she is gender confused.
Squirrels are great! I think its amazing you have kept yours that long, I head that males can become kind if aggressive during mating season. They are amazingly intelligent and really neat to watch.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #157
Aquarium Advice Activist

Pair of great Danes (Huratio and ares) and some miniature cattle. Lol.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #158
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have a fawn boxer, Baily. White American Bulldog, Bella. Parker my "clown" tabby cat. He loves to sleep in my dirty clothes hamper and stuff things in toilets. My toad princess the exotic tabby I had until I had to put her up sleep at 19 this summer. Plus 2 gerbils. The britches sisters fuzzy and snuggle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3183400722.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	55728   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-40907777.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	55729  

Name:	image-2435829755.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	55730   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1959487330.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	55731  

Name:	image-2302574511.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	55732   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-288276418.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	55733  

Name:	image-814666386.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	55734  
Old 10-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #159
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have my numerous tanks . And I just adopted Milo on Saturday
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Old 10-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #160
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I'm down to my tanks and my long coat German Shepherd Reygan. I recently lost my beloved canary. I can certainly relate to walking around with brooms, Reygan is 120 pounds of fur!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	spring reygan megan 013.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	56607  

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com